Triton? Hilux? Other?

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 23, 2003 at 20:30
ThreadID: 6777 Views:2287 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I want to buy a "DIESEL" single cab ute (tray or tub doesnt matter)......
Are the Tritons as able as the hilux,,, can they cross deep water like the hilux, are they known for any electrical problems to do with moisture.... Is their fuel economy good?...Are they a mechanical fuel pump or are they EFI?... If they are efi, any known problems?....
I want to buy a car and keep it for a long time.... At what klms should i start to walk away from the car?.... I want a 95 - 99 model in either toyota or mitsu...
Are the tritons a coil suspension?... Do they accept suspension lifts well?....

I need info from owners and past owners.........

Regards...........

PS.. Or am i looking past other good 4x4's..... I also have an eye for 75-78series landcruisers.......maybe info on the landcruisers also.???
I cant have troopy because of low roof at home..._____________________________________________

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 00:04

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 00:04
Out of the list 75/78 are miles above the others.

Thought of a GQ ute, or GU? Both come in diesel, and also coil or leaf.

http://www.bigred4x4.com/
AnswerID: 28865

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 07:56

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 07:56
Voxson,

Would go for the 75/79 series too. More cab room, better seats? and made to last a long time. Keep away from 2000 model 79 series, g'box and steering problems have been very common up in this country.

79 series pulls bit better than 75, but loses out at the bowser. probably bit cheaper to modify, with front coils. Ride a lot better than 75, which means they tend to get driven harder, so more things wear quicker.

Dunno anything about Triton, but the Hilux is not as unbreakable as John Laws reckons. For longevity, go the cruisers. I'm enjoying my 79 series turbo work ute, good bitumen runner, and a pleasure to drive in the bush. More economical than n/a diesel, at highway speeds.

then there's the Nissans.....

Hooroo...
AnswerID: 28869

Reply By: Eric ( Melb.) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:35

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:35
when you make up your mind , I can help with any ute ,
you can email me at wholesalecars@optusnet.com.au
AnswerID: 28874

Reply By: Member - Grahame- Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 20:02

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 20:02
Mines not a diesel,but I can bet you wont find as well a sorted hilux,or in better condition,or with as many extras for the money than mine,check out the (for sales) in this site.
Other than that,good luck with your search.
Grahame
AnswerID: 28946

Sponsored Links