GME TX670

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 13:29
ThreadID: 67826 Views:6382 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I recently purchased a GME TX670 handheld CB radio.

Charging the batteries. The manual states to connect the charger to the mic/charge socket on the radio. The red LED will light to indicate the batteries are charging. Whan the batteries have charged, the LED will change to green.

When charging, I can't see any red LED light. I know there is power as if I remove the batteries the radio still operates.

Anybody else experience the same problem or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
David.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian P - Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 13:51

Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 13:51
Hi David. I have the same problem with mine . I have rang GME and they say it is normal for it not to turn green when charged.????? If you darken the room when charging the radio you can just see the red light. Brian
AnswerID: 359505

Follow Up By: thepunter - Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 13:59

Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 13:59
Thanks mate.....Tried in a dark room and still no red light though.

Regards,
David.
FollowupID: 627452

Reply By: Sevro - Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 14:26

Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 14:26
Hi, just thought I'd ask the question, do you rely on these as your main comm's between vehicle's. Reason being I need to purchase a UHF of some sort for a upcoming trip, was thinking of having a dash mount set installed but it will only ever be used on a big trip (once every couple of years at this stage) or would a 3 or 5 watt hand-held job suffice.

Its bonus is being able to use it away from the car but will it have the range when driving in convoy.

Forgot, were travelling the Plenty Highway to the Alice and around the red centre.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Sev
AnswerID: 359511

Follow Up By: thepunter - Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 19:04

Tuesday, Apr 14, 2009 at 19:04
No I really just use the handheld for out of car communication. I don't think that you can beat the convenience of a fully wired in dash mount set. In fact I have two in my car - one always on scan and the other one on the convoy channel.

With a 5 watt in-car unit and a good aerial you will get much better reception than a 5 watt handheld. A handheld would be good enough for communication in the convoy but not much more after that. The main issue you will have with a handheld is keeping it changed on a long trip.

I would recommend having one of each. Also buy a GME or an ICOM, not that other well known brand.

Regards,
David.
FollowupID: 627504

Reply By: Zonker - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 09:07

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 09:07
Hi David
Same problem here with my new TX670. While it obviously doesn't affect the operation of the unit, it's a definite annoyance.
Apart from that it worked fine.
cheers
Kym
AnswerID: 363096

Sponsored Links