Landcruiser 100 GXL Petrol

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 13:43
ThreadID: 6787 Views:1743 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
So I got my Landcruiser Petrol/Gas. Added ARB diff locks, roof rack, tow bar, bullbar and winch. Drove it out of the showroom, across the road to fill up and "OH NO"! It stopped! Tried several times, it tried to turn over and nothing. Called the salesman who came and suggested maybe I didn't know how to drive a 4x4 (after over 20 years!), started it in a fashion but then became concerned with the way it started and that things were flashing etc. So moved the car over to park for the night and took another car home. WE HAD TO CALL THEM in the morning. Salesman told us he would contact us but neglected to add that he was off that day. Manager knew nothing. Finally Manager of workshop called and said that battery not charging and it was on charge, "but they wanted to find out why it was not charging". Well geepers! What a damn good idea! He also suggested that with all the computerisation etc that maybe it was too much for a single battery. Will know more on Monday (tomorrow). Will keep you posted. But in the meantime, anyone else have this problem. We have had two 80 series and nothing like this. Hope it is not a lemon. Even had a Disco and Patrol. Feeling a bit nervous.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve from Drive Systems Victoria - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 13:55

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 13:55
You've got to wonder why you paid a pre-delivery fee don't you? All systems on the car(including the charge rate) are supposed to be checked by the dealer before it is given to the customer. I know that this does not always happen, and is just another slug put on the profit line of the dealer. In a similar, unrelated way, I too have bought brand new cars, got them home, re-checked everything myself and found tyres pressures varying by as much as 10 psi, low coolant levels,missing spanners and inoperable dash controls, all from suppossed factory trained dealerships! Never trust the bastards one inch!
AnswerID: 28903

Reply By: Eric ( Melb.) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 15:21

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 15:21
was it a new car purchase ?? i
AnswerID: 28913

Reply By: CAMEL - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 15:31

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 15:31
I would agree with steve, apart handing over alot of dosh for the car, its not exactly chump change for the cost of PD & for what. my pd section in the service book was never completed nor the inside cover completed fully, the 1st service thru to 11 other visits for warrenty within the first 13 weeks, displayed nothing but negligence,incompetance and arrogance.
They must go to a bull bleep school, the standard comment if something wrong with your 4b, is "maybe your not use to it or you haven't driven one before"
Your car is probably not a lemon, like mine the wrong hands got to it first.
I hope your given a straight answer on monday
AnswerID: 28915

Reply By: Andrew(WA) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 16:16

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 16:16
Who and where is the dealer.....Post it so others can avoid such ignornace and incompetence.

I can't believe the never ending stories of after sales bad news from unhappy customers.!! Why can't we get quality honest service anymore?

cheers

AnswerID: 28917

Reply By: Avro(Vic) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 18:37

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 18:37
I would have the battery checked. Even though it sounds like this vehicle is new, it could well have been left somewhere with something turned on. Once a battery goes dead flat, it is often unrecoverable with charging. The dealer may have tried to charge the battery to get you out of the dealership so they dont have to bear the cost of replacing it. This has happened before!

Regards Avro
AnswerID: 28931

Sponsored Links