Update on Tom Price to Mt. Warning trek!

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 15, 2009 at 16:48
ThreadID: 67872 Views:2359 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi fellow forumites!

As some of you know, I've been gathering a bit of info from all you good people for my upcoming trek with my old school-friend, Annie. We were planning to leave in mid June but we are now leaving mid May... in about 4 weeks! The owners of the B&B in Mount Warning that Annie is minding are leaving earlier than originally planned, so rather than rush our trip, we decided to leave a bit earlier and take a bit longer!!

We will now be following most of The Outback Way (7 highways between Laverton & Winton) when we leave Tom Price and from Winton we are going on to Emerald, head up to Dysart to visit her son, then on to the coast and down to Murwillumbah and Mount Warning, arriving around mid June, just in time for Annie and a friend to go to the Simon and Garfunkel concert in Brissy on the 17th June! As I am not a huge fan, I will do the B&B-sitting for 24 hours! I can handle that, in the middle of a rainforest!! I'll just take more photos... :)

We've got our permits for NT and WA already and everything else is coming together pretty well now! Amazing what one can achieve when under a bit of pressure!! LOL!!

I hope to keep a log (the old-fashioned way - on paper in a note book!) of our adventures along the way - will also log on here when we are connected!

Cheers and thanks so much for all the help and great advice,
Anne-Marie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Wednesday, Apr 15, 2009 at 18:45

Wednesday, Apr 15, 2009 at 18:45
I know you two will enjoy the experience Anne-Marie. Look forward to hearing about your travels. all the best to you both.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 359715

Follow Up By: AnneMarie - Wednesday, Apr 15, 2009 at 20:23

Wednesday, Apr 15, 2009 at 20:23
Many thanks, Fred - I promise to report back on my return if not during the trip! :)

Cheers,
Anne-Marie
FollowupID: 627708

Sponsored Links