Caravan setup for first Hot lap around OZ.

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 17:34
ThreadID: 67901 Views:3024 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello wise ones, I have the chance to hit the road and checkout the rest of this great country.
I need to know whats the requirement for grey water setup on caravans.
To be specific do you have to have a grey water storage tank or do most parks on the East coast have grey water personal attachment points in each caravan bay, i.e hose attachment from the sink drain to the PA point?

Cheers Jason.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ted G - Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 17:48

Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 17:48
Hi Jason
Most caravan parks on the east coast have some form of grey water outlet.
A lot of the inland and west are quite happy for it to go on to the trees or dry patches (check with park management on arrival).
The last trip around the block and various trips inland never had an problems with grey water but a lot of problems with black water as dump points are sometimes few and far between.
Regards
Ted
AnswerID: 359836

Reply By: Bushed-Tracker - Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 19:06

Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 19:06
There are no requirements for grey water tanks in the west or NT - cannot comment about other states.

Actually I am not aware of any vans (as opposed to motorhomes) coming with grey water tanks as standard.???

We generally avoid caravan parks and there are trees and shrubs all over the state of WA who have benifitted from my passing.

B-T
AnswerID: 359846

Reply By: kend88 - Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 19:43

Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 19:43
Most cp's have grey water sullage in each site. Others seem happy for it to go to the bushes. Another option is just have a 20 litre bucket under the outlet and empty as needed to an appropriate place.

KenD
Bris
AnswerID: 359853

Sponsored Links