Easter at Lake Somerset

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 16, 2009 at 20:21
ThreadID: 67909 Views:1408 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I, like a lot of other people spent Easter at Lake Somerset Holiday Village. We all got very wet due to the wonderful rain we received. Not necessarily physically - but certainly our campsites.
My set up is pretty good - 4 Oztrail module tents, under a 30' x 24' silver tarp. I also put down some shadecloth and blue tarps under the tents for protection. So we didn't have any problem staying dry.
My question is: What do you do when the rain finally stops and the sun comes out, and you still have several days left of your holiday?
I'm referring to the very unpleasant smell of the trapped water/wetness/grass under the tents etc - along with the flies and mozzies.
I solved the problem by cutting my losses and packing up and going home early on Tuesday. (along with a lot of others)
Is there something I missed, or is this the only way of coping with a thorough wetting?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 04:29

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 04:29
I guess the only thing you can do is move the tent to a new unused spot when the area has dried out.

I always take my mozzie zapper camping when I go away and I have started taking one of those $5 fly traps from Bunnings with me when we go to Straddie.

Seems to work for me
AnswerID: 359921

Follow Up By: Carol13450 - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:38

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:38
Thanks Troll 81, I guess I thought about shifting the tents. But you know - its a lot of work with a big site. I think packing up once is enough lol. I do use two of those Robocan insect repellent cans, (got mine from BCF). One inside and one outside the tents. Can't recommend them enough. Fantastic. The insects I mentioned were the "reserves" that come out after any rain!! A dedicated army if ever there was one!! Will check out the Bunnings fly traps though. Thanks again.

FollowupID: 627884

Follow Up By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:47

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:47
Just take the corners our and drag the tent should take seconds
FollowupID: 627886

Sponsored Links