Timing light & brakes

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 15:39
ThreadID: 6791 Views:1567 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
g'day I need advice on a few matters with my 96 diesel troopy's brakes and timing light. As I'm driving the timing light flickers every now and then, it happens when I'm turning corners as well. Does this mean that the timing belt needs to be changed or is there something else wrong?

Also, the brakes... when I'm driving the rear passenger disk sounds like it is rubbing, and the front brakes when I apply the pedal I get a slight pedal pulse, does this mean the brakes need to be skimmed or is there something else wrong? It has a new hand brake cable, would this be playing a part in any of the above problems?

tks Mouse.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve from Drive Systems Victoria - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 17:24

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 17:24
Curious about the light flickering, I would think it would be electrical in essence. The pulsing brake pedal could either be a cracked disc or distorted disc as they get near their minimum thickness. A loose front wheel bearing adjustment can also be a cause. Check the pad thickness as they can cause a metallic grinding sound as they wear off the braking composite.As the timing light is triggered by the odometer it really has no connection to the mechanics of the belt itself.
AnswerID: 28920

Reply By: Eric ( Melb.) - Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 19:57

Sunday, Aug 24, 2003 at 19:57
the pedal pulse is easy , get your disc rotors machined , the light to me sounds like a loose wire.

just my opinion! for the light that is
AnswerID: 28945

Sponsored Links