Interested in traveling with others

Submitted: Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 21:58
ThreadID: 67953 Views:2823 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
There is internet dating but is there a way of meeting other like minded people with similar interest in caravaning, 4 wheeling etc. oversea's trips. Kids have left home.

Certainly needs to be better then just taking who ever responds?

Something to talk about!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gramps - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 22:12

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 22:12
John,

Maybe you'd like to meet some of the people on this Forum.Check under Members - Members Trips/Gatherings. These are open to Visitors as well.

Regards
AnswerID: 360075

Reply By: Kim and Damn Dog - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 22:24

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 22:24
Gidday John

When you get to my age it’s almost impossible to find adventurous fellas to head off on a trip.

A few years back I took a number of couples off bush, and they drove me bloody mad. Talk about grizzling!

Now a days, I travel solo with Damn Dog and enjoy the solitude.

Regards

Kim

AnswerID: 360077

Follow Up By: Bob the - Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 23:39

Friday, Apr 17, 2009 at 23:39
Hi Kim and the damn dog. I agree with you,can't seem to find an adventerous person to travel with. They all don't seem to like the travelling camping thing... Cheers
FollowupID: 627967

Follow Up By: Willem - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 04:30

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 04:30
Kim

As I have found on this forum.....One man's adventure is another man's boredom.....hahahahaha

I am still finding some adventurous souls but getting them to comply with Trip Essentials is another story.....lol

Each year's Main Travel travel takes 12 months to organise. From getting participants interested to go, to getting them organised.

This year's trek is for 3 months in to the deserts is commencing end of May. It should bea good adventure.

Cheers
FollowupID: 627971

Follow Up By: Member - Bushpig - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:38

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:38
A dog is man’s best friend. If you were to lock your wife and your dog in the car boot, who do you think would be happier to see you after you let them out?
(Health warning: Do not try this experiment at home – results could prove fatal)

Cheers Jack
FollowupID: 628001

Reply By: Mandrake - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:09

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:09
I will be looking to this site for some fellow travellers in the next 2 - 3 years .. My Jeep doesn't have the necessary safety and rescue gear yet and I certainly don't have the skills or knowledge that most of you have .. However am doing a "soft" cruise to Alice , Tennant Creek and St George for the meet and back to Melbourne in August - September - October over 8 weeks ... Hopefully this will show me what other things I will need for a bigger trip ...
Looking forward to meeting the people behind the forums ...

Cheers

Mandrake
AnswerID: 360104

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:16

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:16
Lots of different clubs around. They may not suit everyone, but if you shop around you'll probably find a couple of clubs that suit you. Lots of people in 4wdclubs have caravans too.

I travel with a 4wd club, a couple of "Friends of National Parks" groups and organise private trips with friends from work and elsewhere. I've been to a couple of Exploroz things too. Lots of people with grown up kids doing the same in clubs and lots of retired people in the Friends groups.

I prefer not to travel with just anyone who wants to come along. They need to have done 4wd training and have a good well prepared vehicle and be self-sufficient for trips I organise.

Not sure where you live, but in SA, you can get a list of 4wd clubs
from 4wd SA and for the Friends groups: LINK.
AnswerID: 360105

Reply By: Surreal - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 23:05

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 23:05
I have done a couple of overseas trips and looking to travel around Oz at the beginning of next year - also looking for like minded people to discuss plans with.
AnswerID: 360253

Sponsored Links