Outback Roof console

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 14:26
ThreadID: 67970 Views:5739 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys

I just purchased a secondhand Outback Roof console to put In my 1999 Hilux, Im having trouble working out the wiring for the interior lights. It did not come with a wiring diagram. I was hoping that someone here has fitted one to the same model or knows what wire i should be fitting where.

It has 3 wires, 1 white which i presume is the earth?. It has a red which i preume is positive (live all the time) and a yellow. My problem is though which ones go which way to the 2 wires that came from the interior light.

I have used a volt meter and foun that i have constant power from one and nothing from the other. so do iconnect the red to constant power and the yellow to the other and earth the white out on the body.

Any suggestions before i go and blow somethingp or have a melt down would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Johnny boy - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 14:58

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 14:58
Hi Steve ,
I'm no Pro but when I installed my outback R/C (100 ser L/C ) I disconnected the standard Interior light and the plugs were already made to simply plug into the existing ,no cutting no special wiring just plug and play ,have you tried the outback website or contacting them for diagrams as I would have thought it would be made as easy as possible ?
Hope this helps mate and good luck.

Regards John.
AnswerID: 360160

Follow Up By: barnsy2009 - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 15:07

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 15:07
Thanks for that
I would say the plug has been cut off, i can make the door lights work but getting power to the lights when the door is closed is still eluding me. The outback website has the installaion for the actual console but as you say it probably had a plug on it that has been removed.
Thanks any way
Steve
FollowupID: 628031

Reply By: Johnny boy - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:32

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:32
Hi again steve,

Mate keep in mind that there are cars around with timers on there lights so you might want to check out that also ?

Cheers John.
AnswerID: 360173

Follow Up By: barnsy2009 - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 17:09

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 17:09
Finaly worked it out, it has one positive and 2 earths, one off the door switch and one off the body.

all working now took awhile to work it out though

cheers
FollowupID: 628033

Sponsored Links