Wonderful Camping Experience @ Goomburra VCG

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 15:30
ThreadID: 67973 Views:3838 Replies:5 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
What a great place to camp. We have just had a wonderful week at goomburra. It is a great family camp ground. My husband brings me and our 2 boys out, sets us up and then retunrned back to town to work. Being here on my own I feel very secure. The owners are lovely people and are very helpful (they will help with any problems). With the slow speed limit in place it makes it a very safe environment for the boys and all children to ride in. The owners are very strict with the rules and regulations, but I find this helps keep it a very safe place to come and camp with a family. It is definitely not a place to come if you want to have loud drunken parties and if this does happen the owners are onto it quickley, which again makes it great for families. We will be returning for easter next year and will be back before that also. We hope you too can enjoy this beautiful, peaceful family camp ground.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:45

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:45
Hmmmmm,

sounds like the owners of Goomburra have registered and are fighting back.

I'll sit back and watch.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 360178

Follow Up By: Gramps - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:55

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 16:55

FollowupID: 628032

Follow Up By: Member - T N (Qld) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 17:14

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 17:14
Rat? what Rat?
FollowupID: 628034

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 19:18

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 19:18
Hey Bushie and Gramps - not far from this place - take you up there when you get to this side.
Stephen, Ian took the ute to Warwick to get a 50k service yesterday before heading back out there! We'd organised a couple of weeks ago for a new radio aerial which hasn't worked since it was serviced last November. Bit embarrassing really when the mechanic showed Ian how he fixed it - learnt across in front of the dash and pushed the aerial button beside the sub tank button - ooops! He thought it only worked on the key. Never mind, he had a good trip back out there - 22 hours and no road kill, but very wet from Charleville to Windorah. I'm just taking in the green and mountains and waiting on notoriously famous EO visitors on Wednesday.
FollowupID: 628056

Follow Up By: Gramps - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:14

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:14
Ruth,

LOL fair enough. Say Hello to the notorious, cantankerous, old bloke for us :)))

FollowupID: 628067

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:54

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:54
Hey Gramps, he's gone fishing out there.
FollowupID: 628075

Follow Up By: T & J - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:14

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:14
Hey Gone Bush, I think you may be right.
FollowupID: 628275

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 19:14

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 19:14
It is fantastic, isn't it? My boys and I have been going there since about 1989 and only talking the other day, that now it has rained wouldn't mind another camp out there - they had a camp Easter last year with the next generation (aged 13 months). Very friendly and very safe - especially now there are three generations!
Don't tell anyone about it though - wouldn't want other people to find out where it is!!!
AnswerID: 360214

Follow Up By: T & J - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:12

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:12
You're talking about Gordon Country - NOT the notorious Goomburra Valley Campground, that used to be owned by Dean and previously was called "Biker's Dream". Please don't get the two confused, it is like chalk and cheese. According to the shop, that takes bookings for Gordon Country, they are doing a roaring trade since the new owners took over GVC.
FollowupID: 628273

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:57

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 20:57
Have a read of thread 67756 and tell us if its the same place.

A few may be interested in the answer.

AnswerID: 360232

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:10

Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:10
Graham, ah yes, that all makes sense. I should have said in my reply that I always stay at Gordon Country - GVC must be the place on the right as you go into the Valley. I just love the Goomburra Valley area. I didn't see the original post you mentioned - bit of a shame, hopefully now changed.
FollowupID: 628112

Reply By: T & J - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:22

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:22
You obviously got in thick with the owners, or ARE the owners, as we have had a terrible time there, with insults, that deserved to be and were reported to the police. The police, council and Caravan Queensland all know about the current owners and have numerous complaints about this person. He may have cleaned his act up for Easter, as I'm sure he must have been spoken to by local authorities. It won't be long before Mr and Mrs Grumpy return.
AnswerID: 360488

Reply By: Goonie88 - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 20:16

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 20:16
hi to all members,
In response to axel, we had the misfortune of receiving a flat tyre on the way to GVCG and was offered another tyre to put on our trailer to get us home (we then returned the tyre to them). They have also lent other campers power leads.

We are NOT the owners or 'in with the owners'. We are campers who have been camping in the goomburra valley region for nearly 20 years, in which the early days were spent in gordon country before it was split up and sold off.The later years in GVCG or as it was first known Bikers Dream,Which we came to know Dean and Raelene well.When the new owners took over things changed and changed for the better,the improvement of facilities and grounds and the introduction of park rules which were lacking in the past,Helped with the popularity.

We are regular campers at various campgrounds and parks around SE Qld and Central Qld Coast and all these places have rules in place,It seems persons complaining about GVCG are the types of people who think they are above rules and laws.These rules didn't seem to bother 200+ people camping there at easter enjoying them selves in inclement weather.

To these people who have posted on this forum you still have not elaborated as to why this place is so bad ,would like to know as my husband and i like this place .............
AnswerID: 360594

Follow Up By: jacquic - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 20:53

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 20:53
i think I posted on the wrong item so at the risk of repeating myself - i agree with goonie88. Andy and Deb have helped us out with leads and doctors and goonie is right about having rules
we know the kids are able to play without being in danger,
we had previousy camped in Gordon Country (where there are no rules or supervision) and had to put up with idiots all night.
we will continue to camp at goomburra valley and look forward to having a drink with Andy and Deb in the evening as they walk around the grounds talking to the campers.
FollowupID: 628383

Follow Up By: T & J - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:54

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:54
Hi Goonie,

Would love to tell my story, but it would not get past the moderator of this site, plus legal action is under way. I agree with you regarding the rules, as I myself even spoke to the lady owner about how good I felt the rules were, especially the cut off time for arriving at night. I think that is wonderful. I can't understand why you keep talking about rules, they are fine, and every caravan park & campground, have similar ones. My problem had nothing to do with rules. My issues are the same as - itsdave -catfish - Miss(an)Jo Toadkeeper - Steve - Member Brian(Gold Coast) - Andrea11 and The Halls. None of these people had problems with rules either.
FollowupID: 628488

Sponsored Links