prado 120 suspension

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:29
ThreadID: 67991 Views:1923 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
we are travelling to the kimberley via the rock, sandy blight junction, gary junction and then kidson track. Eventually up to kalumburu and so on. How necessary is it to alter the suspension for this trip. We will be towing our kimberley kamper, have a bullbar and winch. ARB is suggesting upgraded springs and ome shocks. any feedback appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:39

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:39
One of the first things I did (as soon as I had the money) was do as ARB are suggesting. I went with a different brand of shocks, but the result was the same... a much improved prado in handling and stability, especially since you will have all the extra weight and towing as well. It is a matter of personal choice, and you'll get lots of different opinions... but I would recommend the upgrade. I certainly have no regrets, except not having it done sooner.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 360247

Reply By: Kim and Damn Dog - Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:41

Saturday, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:41
You'll have no problems with the standard Prado suspension. Just take it easy and don't rush.

Regards

Kim
AnswerID: 360248

Reply By: Haza - Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 01:41

Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 01:41
Ideally have two spares and have good tyres LT's preferably with plenty of tread and take a compressor, Thats what I'd spent my money on. Lower your tyres when you get on the dirt. That'll take the pressure off the suspension. It was amazing to see people along the Gibb with tyres close to or less then roadworthy. Wonder why so many people have puntures. If your got the money then suspension upgrade will only give you better handling and will see through many years of use after your trip. In my opinion not required but won't hurt.
AnswerID: 360269

Sponsored Links