Robe / Little Dip trip

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 13:15
ThreadID: 68006 Views:1986 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I went down to Little Dip CP last week (Tuesday to Thursday) with my 14yo son and my mate and his 14yo. We all had a great time (didn't get any fish though). The weather during the day was pretty good but at night it was windy as. One night we got soaked while fixing the tents. Huge!!!

My son is very involved in sports and other than playing Cricket together we really don't get much of a chance to do things like this so it was really valuable for us. Same with my mate, he works away for 2 weeks at a time so he had some quality time with his boy as well. If you get the chance, do something like this with your kids. You'll never forget it.

I'ill put up a blog on the trip, short as it was. If you've not been down that way it's great for a short trip.

Cheers

Louie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brenton H (SA) - Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 19:44

Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 19:44
Nice blog on your Flinders Trip Louie. Can't beat that place...as many times as I have been there it's always a treat. Must admit however on the last two trips the flies were in plague proportions..not enough cold weather to knock them off I guess. Looking forward to reading your blog on little dip.
AnswerID: 360408

Follow Up By: Louie the fly (SA) - Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 19:57

Sunday, Apr 19, 2009 at 19:57
Thanks for that Brenton. I love the Flinders - spent a lot of time up there for work in the late 80's & early 90's. Yeah the flies were nuts when we were there as well. As my missus said, "there's no other sh*t around so they've got to land on something". Yeah, me!

We might be heading back up there in September again as our friends (the guy that we went to Little Dip with) have never been to the Flinders. Might camp at Artimore HS ruin for a couple of nights. Give them the feel of what it was like to be a pioneer.

The Little Dip blog should be up in an hour or so.

Cheers

Louie
FollowupID: 628197

Sponsored Links