Camp Spots SW W.A.

Submitted: Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 19:16
ThreadID: 68050 Views:2245 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Of interest to those travelling to the SW of W.A. over the next few months. Last week we took off to spend a couple of nights at Wright's Bridge between Balingup & Nannup only to find that it had been burnt out in a bushfire a couple of months ago and is completely closed (and looks most unattractive). As an alternative we spent a couple of nights at Grimwade townsite (abandoned) which we thought was magnificent. Push down the tracks far enough and you will find a large cleared area and a small dam not very far away.
John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - BUNDY BOY (WA) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 21:37

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 21:37
John
found the same thing at easter ....a shame to looks like it was a nice spot........there are some nice spots sth of nannup as we found
Bundy
AnswerID: 360616

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:10

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:10
Darren when are you going to do a trip report? It must of been a lousy trip cos non of you have said didly about it.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 628400

Follow Up By: Member - evren1 (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 00:18

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 00:18
yeh Bundy, how'd it all go?

sorry I didn't make it, a long day laying limestone blocks on Sat and a few too many beers during and after the job rendered me usless on Sun. thank god for the easter bunny and his annual deposit of choccy eggs! kept the midgets at bay for a little while at least!

Evan
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 628409

Follow Up By: Member - Lionel A (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:48

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:48
Yep, a real lousy weekend.

Secluded campsite surrounded by beatiful trees, one fishing rod length away from the river, trout and marron marching onto the bbq plate, interesting track into and out of the place, great bunch of people...always a laugh to be had and some stories that whet the appetite for more travel.

Thanks Bundy, Matt & Danica, Rick, Scott, Steve & Anne for such a lousy weekend....lol.

Cheers.......Lionel.
FollowupID: 628423

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 00:04

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 00:04
John Hi

I use to do some work at Grimwade, in my day.

Logging at Fort Courage "F Troop" one of Parmers Timber mills.

On the Right when coming into town from Donnybrook,

Nice part of the world.

Cheers

Richard
AnswerID: 360637

Sponsored Links