Weight of Kedron ATV and TopEnd

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:42
ThreadID: 68189 Views:10881 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Considering purchasing a Kedron 18' van. Can any members tell me as to the towing of the ATV and the TopEnd with a 100 series Diesel Toyota. Is there much difference in the weght of these vans?

Peter and Narelle

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 13:29

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 13:29
Have you spoken to the Gall's? They are the family that own the company and have produced some DVDs where they test their vans by towing them up the CREB an the Cape including driving across the Jardine and down the Gunshot. They have 100% total faith in their products and did the hard yards to prove it. Personally I shook my head a few times and I'm glad it wasn't me pulling the van.
I saw one of the Gall's at the camping show last week. From what I have seen from these guys I would be surprised if they didn't bend over backwards to help you out.
Tim
AnswerID: 361431

Reply By: oldfart1953 - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:01

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:01
A Topender will be approx 100 to 150kg's heavier than an ATV. Suggest you get the chassis number, then call the Gall's at Brendale (factory) & they should be able to give you the rego weight, as every van that comes of the production line is different so they all are a different weight.
The cruiser should pull it well....ALL the better if it is turbo

CU down the road

Tony H
Hunter Valley
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 361633

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:49

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:49
Peter, before you make the big decision, have a look at these photos:

Site Link

They show a comparison of what is under the skin of a Bushtracker and a Kedron before it all gets hidden. The wiring on the Kedron is a dog's breakfast compared to the BT where all the wiring is run in a straight line just under the window line.

What else is out of sight and received insufficient care and attention?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 361637

Sponsored Links