Road conditions Corner Country

Hi,

I am heading out to the corner country next week in a Jimny and was wondering what the road conditions are like.

To give some idea of the route i'm travelling - Goondiwindi - Walgett - Bourke - Tibooburra - Camerons Corner - Innamincka - Birdsville - Windorah (then making my back down to travel along the warrego)

I am not too concerned about the unsealed roads - i'm more concerned about whether there is a lot of water around that area - thus making the roads boggy and an alternate route worth a look..

If anyone has travelled it fairly recently can give me some idea that would be great!

also, i have seen that there is unleaded in Tibooburra, Camerons Corner, Innamincka is this correct? (I've got a small tank so have to work out the number of jerries to take)

thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val W (ACT) - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 14:49

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 14:49
Zook, can't help with recent road conditions but you are correct that there is ULP in the 3 places you mentioned, also Birdsville.

Cheers,
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 361442

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:22

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:22
Came via Merty Merty, Cameron Corner, Middle Road (Sturt NP) to Warri Gate on Easter Sunday.
There was some water about, but nothing that would give any grif and it would be gone by now.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 361452

Reply By: Member - Richard H (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:25

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:25
From Wanaaring west you will be in the Unincorporated Region of N.S.W. That means that there is no local government, and the roads are maintained by the RTA. So local politics don't play any part in road conditions. This being the tourist season they do their utmost to keep the main roads in as good a condition as the weather & traffic will allow.

Unless there is wet weather, and you can check the condition of the 'Cut Line' at Bourke, it's usually in a good state until you get to Tibooburra. From there to Cameron's Corner it is at present crook, though quite trafficable. Just drive according to conditions.

S.A. & Qld. road conditions, I can't help with.

The local cops should know, also the RTA have a recorded daily advice. Call 131701 & take option 3.
AnswerID: 361453

Reply By: DIO - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:55

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 15:55
SA Outback Road Conditions

Link
AnswerID: 361459

Reply By: Dave B ( BHQ NSW) - Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:01

Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:01
Western Region NSW Road Report Website

Far West NSW Roads

Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 361553

Reply By: zook - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 20:13

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 20:13
Thanks for that everyone.

It looks like i'll be heading out the way i've planned and just see how the weather goes..

Once again thanks for advice which is helpful as always!

zook
AnswerID: 361724

Sponsored Links