Road conditions to Bamaga

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 26, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 682 Views:2065 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody recently (last May - July ) travelled on the Coen - Bamaga road. I would like to do it later this year but plan on towing a camper van. Its an off road version and has pull out beds, like a Jayco but more rugged. Question is, how is the road, I realise it will be rough and travel will be slow but as long as the washouts are not to bad it should be OK.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: peter moyle - Sunday, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:00
rodger, i drove to the cape in june july last year and saw plenty of camper trailers but no caravans. non of the people i spoke to had problems but heard of people that took box type trailers that had spring and axel trouble lack of spring travel on the rough roads. thommo the bush cook has a video available at rental outlets where he takes a standard gazel caravan to cape york would be worth a look, a little dramatised but interesting viewing. i would recommend you stay on the bypass roads past the wenlock river
AnswerID: 1840

Reply By: Rodger Tremlett - Sunday, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:00
Thanks Peter, much the same as I have heard. Yes, I think I'll give the old telegraph road a miss. I hear its pretty rough in spots. Thanks for the update.
AnswerID: 1842

Sponsored Links