waste oil heater

Submitted: Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 15:37
ThreadID: 6820 Views:2686 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Off the topic but was wondering if any one has waste oil heater plans
I can only find the mother earth ones on the net and have made one like these but is fairly dirty.
Am looking for something that will burn clean with out a fan and power.
Saw one a long time ago and was clean enought to light inside a shed with out a flue running out side.Hope some one can help./
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wherethehellawi - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 17:19

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 17:19
Not an expert on this but i would imagine:

the type of heater will depend on the purity (in this case, the contaminants) of the waste oil....dirty oil is always going to burn with more fallout than one which is clean.
Temperatures have to be right, to reduce pollutants and unless its known what they are its a hit and miss affair.
( i am recalling my experiences associated with the servicing and maintenance of some oil fired boilers (both normal fuel oil and heavy fuel oil). i recall the heavy fuel oil was always sooting up and required constant stack and burner nozzle cleaning)

Waste fuel oils may also have differing flash points which may alter burning efficiency and quality due to not knowing what else has been put in with waste.

I would always use a flue toallow toxic fumes to escape no matter how clean one believes it to be ....just imagine having a diesel engine running in your lounge room; and I mean one that will comply with the emission codes for the year 2010...no thank you!!(just using diesel as an example as the fuel is similar to heating oil)Wow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
AnswerID: 29058

Sponsored Links