Camping access around Lock 8 and 9 on the Murray River

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:23
ThreadID: 68215 Views:10606 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello,

Planning on a camping fishing trip to the murray river in the area around lock 8 and 9. Would like to stay on the nsw side of the river if possible, somewhere below Fort Courage.
I have never been to this area and info on places/access to camp is very limited.
Does anyone have any information on camping in these areas that could help me out?

Cheers Geoff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dact - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 00:25

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 00:25
Hi Geoff

Though we never got there, there is a camping area at Lock 9 - 10km nth of Cullulleraine,(turnoff, just past Cululleraine) but I think it may be on VIC side.

Have you tried NSW Parks ? Possibly private property on NSW side, as Camps Australia only indicates a caravan park at Fort Courage.

Terry & Amanda
AnswerID: 361573

Reply By: traveln - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:33

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:33
gday geoff

im from mildura and camping on the nsw side is very limited unless you know the owners.all nsw side is private owned and they do own down to the river edge not loke vic side.
the only way unless you knowthe owners.
there is a area where you can camp and its at the mouth of the ann branch.its open area so part from that unless u koow the area u can camp at the regulator lake vic at lock 7 or scatting brige on the frenchmans river which is flow in2 lake vic.
its been awhile since ive been2 the mouth of ann branch so im only guessn its still open to the public.
access to camping on the vic side in the areas u want2 get 2 r getn hardr aswell.
hope this helps.if u want anymore details just drop aline
jason
AnswerID: 361616

Reply By: Blaze (Berri) - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 15:40

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 15:40
Gday Geoff,

We do trips away for weekends quite often as we live so close, wouldn't want to be there this weekend with the rain though.

Firstly do you run a GPS, if so what sort and I can give you camp sites, there are quite a lot of camping areas both sides of the river, with more on Victoria side, but still enough if you know the area.

Let me know if you want any further info: blaze22@tpg.com.au

Cheers
AnswerID: 361671

Sponsored Links