SR5 D4D Gone in with GLXR DID

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 20:58
ThreadID: 68253 Views:2849 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Took delivery on Friday first impressions kids love it more room in back. No pockets behind front seats for maps kids crap etc very poor oversight. I noticed when I bought Hilux only the SR5 had them, how expensiive could they be to include? It goes a lot harder than Hilux in my opinion. That will get me in trouble? Getting Razerback steel canopy, duel batteries tub liner. fridge outlets in back etc this week and hopeing to get a great run out theTriton as I did with the Hilux.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 21:26

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 21:26
Welcome to the club!

Had mine for 2.5 years and 60,000 ks. Faultless performance, great economy and you're right, eats Hiluxs for brekky.

Check out this forum if you haven't already.

Site Link

AnswerID: 361741

Reply By: Beddo - Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 17:56

Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 17:56
From driving Hilux's at work, they have low ground clearance at the front, especially if you have a Toyota bullbar, I also find the rear end kicks badly.
Whats the rear suspension like on the Triton ?
No centre diff locks on Hiluxs - do tritons have them ?
AnswerID: 361902

Reply By: landseka - Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 20:17

Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 20:17
G'day

We traded our late 80 series petrol/gas Landcruiser for a diesel Triton beginning of last year. Had it for about a month (1300 kms) before setting off in March with our 2 tonne 18ft caravan in tow for a trip around Australia.

We were away for 7 months (22,000 kms) and the Triton performed faultlessly. Had heaps of power, low down torque and fuel economy, which made the 80 series 'cruiser look like an expensive slug by comparison.

We also had a Razorback canopy fitted because we so liked the look of it and liked the fact that it was all pressed steel and not fibreglass.

The Triton doesn't have a centre diff lock .. it has automatic free wheel hubs and an optional electric rear diff lock.

I personally think the rear suspension is a little bit soft and could benefit from poly airbags.

We also bought seat covers that have the pocket in the back.

Cheers

Neil
AnswerID: 361940

Follow Up By: dazza0503 - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 09:25

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 09:25
Thanks for that Neil. We just got back from our first trip with the Triton, towing the camper trailer. Where did you get the seat covers with rear pockets? We were talking about them yesterday on the way home. Mine has a centre diff lock. You can drive it in 2WD or constant 4WD which I prefer, then I locked the centre diff and did some beach work up Hawks Nest way. Had the Razerback canopy fitted and it is wired up to the central locking which is fantastic, the only canopy that can do that I believe. It looks like it is all part of the car plus as you say all steel and fully lined inside. Have you got duel batteries fitted? Only problem so far the factory fitted bluetooth isn't working I will get that looked at with free 1500km service next week.

Dazza
FollowupID: 630920

Reply By: landseka - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:22

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:22
G'day Dazza

We live in Bunbury W.A. so it may have been an Auto One store that we bought the seat covers from.

Below is the link to the site that sells the seat covers that we bought -

http://www.sperling.com.au/htmlpages/pagetwo2.htm

I think the seat covers we have are the Matrix Grey (4 a silver Triton :).

We had a tub liner installed at the same time as the canopy. Another thing I did was to put in a fridge slide for the Engel and have a plug wired in for it.

At this stage I haven't fitted dual batteries as I feel we haven't had the need for them. May rethink it a bit further down the track.

We haven't had any problems at all with the bluetooth (touch wood) using my phone (Nokia) or the wife's phone (Motorola).

Mine came with the rear diff lock fitted which is very useful in sand.

If you're interested, have a look at the below link for the Mitsubishi Triton Forum for all things Triton :) -

http://www.newtriton.net/

Cheers

Neil

AnswerID: 363349

Reply By: Member - Chris & Debbie (QLD) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:32

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:32
dazza, are you getting a molded tub liner or spray on? I have had both and the spray on, such as Line-X is far superiour to the molded, nearly impossible to damage and you dont have to warry about dirt and water collecting underneath to rust out the tub.

Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 363351

Reply By: dazza0503 - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:49

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:49
Thanks Neil will look up site. Mine does not have rear locker will look into that at 1500km service. As for Chris I have not heard of spray on tub liners will look at that next time thanks. I am getting duel batteries and snorkel this week. I had two power outlets fitted with the canopy.
AnswerID: 363396

Sponsored Links