DEC Aerial burning - Gibson Desert update

Submitted: Monday, Apr 27, 2009 at 20:27
ThreadID: 68295 Views:1771 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick update for all the those who read or replied to the earlier forum about the aerial burning program up around the Gary Hwy and the Gunbarrel.
This is a notice that due to the vagaries of contractors and requirments elsewhere, the aerial burn will be occurring earlier than previously stated.
I only recieved the information 2 days ago and have had the weekend to reschedule - fun long weekend!
Anyway, the burning will now take place near Eagle Bore from the 7th of May (previously the 13th) and moving through the reserve and out to the east over the following 11 days (out as far as Warakurna possibly).
The Great Victoria Desert burning will still be on schedule from Wed 29th of April up until the 4th of May.

Apologies if this affects itineraries, but it's the best notice that could be given.

Enjoy your travels.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flywest - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 01:58

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 01:58
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Inappropriate Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 361976

Reply By: Member - Phil B (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 06:13

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 06:13
Hi DEC,
Thanks for the info on the burns.
I for one don't agree with Flywest. I am aware that DEC in Kal has been posting these notices for years, long before the sad events Fklywest talks about.
Keep up the good work.
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 361979

Follow Up By: DEC Kalgoorlie - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:25

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:25
Thanks for the support.
I have been trying to notify people on this forum for the last three years as I deem it a great way to make the appropriate people who visit these areas aware.

Eventually I hope to give a bit more notice (timewise), but for now a few weeks is the best I can give.

I have passed on this website to other areas in the Department and I hope they also begin to utilise its effectivness.
FollowupID: 629793

Sponsored Links