Credit where it is due for Evening Star CP, Charleville, QLD

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:15
ThreadID: 68333 Views:6315 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I think we all burrrrrrr up pretty quick when someone or something upsets us or we get ripped off, but I would like to say a good word from a very pleasant experience we had in Charleville 4 weeks ago.We have just come home from a trip, from Wagga to Charleville, Longreach, Emerald, Issisford, Barcaldine, Dululu, and then over
to the coast, and then unfortunatley back to Wagga. Lake Cargellico the first night, and then straight onto Charleville for the second night. I would like to mention a terrific place we stayed in Charleville, and it was the Evening Star caravan Park. It is 8km's out of Charleville on the Longreach side, turn left onto the Adavale Road. Ph(07) 4654 2430, It is actually a 33,000 acre working cattle station, and the owners are just tremendous people. They opened one of their paddocks and turned it into a caravan park. all the sites are drive through, beautiful grassed areas for every site, with a row of trees dividing each site, and the amenities are so spotless. They are an ensuite idea with toilet shower and hand basin in each room. I don't think I have seen a park so well laid out and the sites cater from tents to camper trailers to mobile homes and buses.they have a huge camp fire pit and logs to sit on, and the work they have put in is tremendous. It is only 18 months or so old, and it is out of town a bit, but so peaceful at night. Owners, Peta and Justin, are always in for a great chat as well. Give them a go if you are up there, you wont be sorry. And by the way, Charleville hospital is great as well. While we were there I fell out of our camper trailer and broke my elbow in 2 places. The hospital was so goo to us, and the doc even rang twice after we left to see how I was coping with the rest of the travelling. You don't get that with city doctors.
Karen ......

http://www.eveningstar.com.au/
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:25

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:25
Just had a look at their website. Seems like a bunch of Bushtrackers went there at some stage, judging by the photo.

I'm putting it down to some quirky sense of humour that the page titled Thurlby Station is written in LATIN !!??

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 362136

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 22:34

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 22:34
It's a shame I tossed out all my latin as soon as I left school.... NOT.... Must admit it sucks you in though, makes you wonder whats going on.....
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 629919

Reply By: MobiCondo - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:30

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:30
Howdy Karen,
Thanks for this post. We hope to be that way later this year and intend to stay over at Charleville in order to see the Bilby "thingy".
Your recommendation is now well noted.
Cheers - Mobi
AnswerID: 362139

Follow Up By: Geoff & Karen - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:36

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 21:36
Hi Mobi. It really is well worth it, and truely a great place. It was my first time to Charleville, and loved it. Didn't want to leave. All the people there are so friendly. I have just taken note of Gone Bush's comment about the latin and business, and just emailed Peta, the owner, to see if it is supposed to be like that. Maybe they are not aware of it, they are such busy people. Even Peta emailed me to see how my elbow was going. Hope you do get to visit there.
Take care.
Karen
FollowupID: 629897

Reply By: Stinz - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:27

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:27
We were at the Evening Star last July and stayed for a week. Fantastic place and people, plenty of open space even during the busy periods, which was great for our three kids. In Charleville itself there were queues of vans trying to get into the van parks which were packed like sardines. The only down side is having to drive into town (which only takes five minutes), but a small price to pay. Highly recommended and voted by our kids as the best stop of our five week holiday.
AnswerID: 362209

Reply By: Axel [ the real one ] - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:43

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:43
There this time last year for 3 nights , and have to agree that its worth recommending , free fire wood , kid friendly , and sites were green as in a sea of brown , owners kids came from the house to play with our young fella as soon as they found out he was there ,, a site to behold was every one in the park - kids and adults playing "paddy melon" lawn bowls infront of the shower block ,,,
AnswerID: 362231

Reply By: Member - dajo trad - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:38

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:38
Thanks guy's - you have made my day - leaving Vic start of june and have planned a few nights there - now I am even more excited - sound better than their website - you little a beauty
AnswerID: 362239

Sponsored Links