Advice about LRT and RWC for My 60 Series From 4WD Systems

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:49
ThreadID: 68341 Views:1865 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your advice over the past weeks

I have narrowed my search for a 190 Lt Long Range Tank, and RWC for my TLC 60 Series down to 4WD Systems in Adelaide. The LRT is about $856 and the RWC is $636 plus $78 shipping to Melbourne. Are these my best options for long touring range?

My first question is has anyone bought these products throught 4WD Systems, any problems? Are they good quality?

Are these hard to fit to my 60?

Any feedback about 4WD Systems products would be good.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:59

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:59
Fitting after market fuel tanks can be very frustrating. Best done on a hoist with a transmission jack ready to hold the tank once it has been placed in positioned. A good mate to help would also be good.
The original tank will have to come out first with all the plumbing and wiring being removed first. Also remove all the fuel.

If you are supplied with instructions on where the breather hoses and equalising hoses go (if required) that will help. You will also have to extend or bend the float on the sender unit so that you can get a correct fuel gauge reading.

With after market tanks some drilling might be required so that the new mounting brackets can be bolted to the chassis.

Once the tank is in place the filler hoses have to be fitted and unless you have very long fingers and hand that can twist to any angle this part of the fitting may take a while.

As for the rear wheel carrier, at the price quoted it would be a bolt on over the bumper type. Again if you have the detailed instructions it should not be a big job, just time consuming, and you will need the long fingers and the flexible hand.

As for the quality of there products I could not say, but the fitting of the tank and wheel carrier are about the same regardless of what brand.

Wayne

AnswerID: 362204

Reply By: troopy 2005 - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 19:23

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 19:23
As Ive said before the LRT we fitted to our old 60 got a crack in it ,on top of the front mounting bracket ,it had been welded on the sides and across the bottom but not across the top.we spent a week in kalgoorlie trying to get it fixed,the opposite lock one seems better as its made from thicker material.
Its not easy to fit ,but with a couple of helpers its not to bad.
AnswerID: 362313

Reply By: Member - John W (WA) - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 00:01

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 00:01
I have just today received a 4wd systems lrt,quality of finish is very good , I don`t know how the fit is yet.......
Just to let you know I ordered and was charged for the tank at the
beginning of march - almost 2months - and was told many different times I would receive the tank in a couple of days......
A little bit of shirt pulling I suspect.
Still looks the goods.
AnswerID: 362380

Reply By: Member - Matt & Julie (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:05

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:05
Falcon 46

I have put a LRT in my GQ from 4WD Systems it came with all the instructions and how to fit I also had reason to ring and the help I received over the phone was excellent
Cheers

Matt & Julie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 362502

Sponsored Links