OT: Telstra do the right thing!

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 16:41
ThreadID: 68385 Views:2707 Replies:8 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'day

I know this is a bit off topic, but I also know a large number of people on this forum use Telstra for thier superior mobile coverage in the bush. Late last year Telstra stopped sending me my monthly bill due to a problem in their system. This combined with a number of errors in sending out a new mobile and a new modem we did not ask for, meant that by the time we recieved a bill in April we had been overcharged by over $1000. This last month I have spent hours if not days on the phone to Telstra talking to their bloody computer, and random sales consultants.

Finally after three weeks I got through to a senior manager, and they have now turned my $2400 bill in to a $103 bill, and reduced the price on my internet but shifted me up one download plan level. So I may be a rarity but I am currently one happy Telstra customer.

Cheers

Snowy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 16:52

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 16:52
My Mrs is on the phone to them at this present time, for a similar problem it's been happening for nearly 4 mths now.!!! We are def over it.!!
AnswerID: 362457

Follow Up By: Snowy 3.0iTD - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 16:56

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 16:56
Not sure if it is conincidence or not but it was only first thing this morning that I lodged an official complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO). It's either a very big coincidence or the TIO work extremely fast.

Cheers

Snowy
FollowupID: 630164

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:06

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:06
I have been having problems with Telstra ever since I moved to the next G system. I was previously a happy Optus CDMA customer.

All I want to do is change my plan. Shouldn't be too hard I hear you say. I have spent hours on the phone, I have been into the Telstra shops and tried the website all to no avail.

I finally got angry I tried not to take it out on the poor kid who got lumbered with my call but I was begining to boil when the supervisor stepped in.

It still took another two calls. My last two bills have been in credit, still don't know what plan I am on.

I know I have to do it but as yet I haven't worked up the courage to call them about it.

Yes they are hopeless but what choice do I have.

The Next G is good. Over Easter I managed to call home from Googs Track. I had full signal from the top of Mt Finke and got messages at a couple of spots along the track.

Duncs
AnswerID: 362460

Reply By: Notso - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:20

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:20
Well I'm setting off round Aus on Saturday. Did it first in 2000 2001. At that stage I used a digital mobile and connected to the laptop for sending and receiving emails.

That cost me around the $100.00 per month sometimes a lot more.

This time I'm doing the same sort of thing with the Next G mobile and it will cost me around $30 to $50 per month for calls and internet access.

Can't complain about that!
AnswerID: 362463

Reply By: a convict - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:34

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:34
..all of the above, in some shape or form, is not unfamiliar to me.

Unfortunately I still have a cable broadband connection with Telstra, because there is no other practical alternative for my location.

There is only one (1) way to handle Telstra, or get any sense out of that crew, and that is to go straight to the Telecommunication Ombudsmen.

Three strikes and your out in my book.

AnswerID: 362465

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 19:01

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 19:01
Gooday,
if you have cable broadband with telstra you can also get it with internode.on.net That's who I use; much cheaper than telstra and they rarely drop out. If they do, it's because telstra have stuffed up their harware or cable somewhere. Check them out; what have you got to lose .... just telstra lol. (:
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 630191

Reply By: BuggerBoggedAgain - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:56

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 17:56
I have been receiving phone invoices for the previous 33 months telling me they OWE one cent to my account, surely this would have to be a record for incompetence,

I imagine the cost of sending out these bills to be at least 80c, makes you wonder how many other ppl are receiving these bills
AnswerID: 362469

Follow Up By: BuggerBoggedAgain - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 18:00

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 18:00
And yes, when we moved to Taree Hinterland, I rang up this imbecile who said I have your name in front of me, I am deleting your name off the registra, you will not get any more invoices................................. ho-hum, that was October 07, todays one equals 18 more invoices
FollowupID: 630175

Reply By: bruce - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 20:12

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 20:12
I spoke to Telstra this week about an over charge on my account and the mess the accounts system seems to be in...the operater I talked to told me that it was a world wide problem with telecomunication companys....apparently the system is complex and causing everyone trouble , (according to him) the upshot of my complaint was that instead of me owing them...they owe me.....how ? ..who knows ? and I am not going to get into an argument over it.....cheers
AnswerID: 362491

Reply By: Rod, Sydney - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:08

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:08
Telstra certainly has been having some problems with billing. My business had its ADSL cut of last year because I hadn't paid a bill they hadn't sent me. The move from quarterly billing to monthly billing has been difficult.
I've found that if you ring back to check on problems you do eventually get an operator that knows what they are doing and does care. I always ask if the notes from my previous conversations are on the database.
One thing I don't do is take my problems to a Telstra shop - they are often Franchised and the shop owner gets no recompense for fixing Telstra's billing problems - it's just a cost they have to bear.
Cheers
Rod, Perth

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 362503

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:35

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 21:35
Im another one off to Fair Trading next week.
I bought onr of their USB stick modems for the express purpose of using it on a trip around Australia.
It works wonderfully when it gets a strong signal in Sydney Melbourne and Adelaide.
It is absolute crap outside of those places.

It drops out just turns off and is an absolute pain.
When i was in Melbourne I returned it to ZTE and got a new one which is just as bad.
When in Batemans Bay the Telstra salesman said "Oh those , we dont sell them her e cos they are only a city modem"
Have taken it up with the Telstra shop I bought it from who told me to take it up with Telstra who told me to take it up with the Telstra shop. No one will refund or upgrade for the difference in price.

I would add its not the computer causing the trouble as I have two laptops and it does it in both.
I also have one of the old blue Bigpond modems which has been unlocked. ( the home one with two antenna)
I can put my sim card in it and it goes for hours no probs just verrrrrry slowly
Will see what Fair Trading come up with.

Will wait and see what happens.
AnswerID: 362505

Sponsored Links