bundy 4wding

Submitted: Friday, May 01, 2009 at 21:20
ThreadID: 68430 Views:1788 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
g'day,

Off to bundy for the longweekend and havent been there such a long time and wanting to know if there are any places that i should go 4wding iv been to 1770 but dont know of any tracks or beaches to drive on all i know there is on track in a book that i have and its burrum heads if anyone has done that and if its any good worth it etc....

cheers

rodeo with faceflift
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russ n Sue - Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 00:25

Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 00:25
Just driving up the bitumen Rd north of Bundy to 1770 will give you enough 4WDing without having to get your car dirty! lol....

Talk about a cr*p piece of road.

Cheers

Russ.
AnswerID: 362721

Reply By: burnsy - Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 07:20

Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 07:20
Morning.

There are plenty of tracks around Woodgate area both along the beach to The Burrum river & Walkers point. There also is a track from the Woodgate road north to Coonar beach road which is a good drive.
Havn't been that way for years so don;t know what is still open.
Used to drive all that in a XL Falcon ute when kids & then dad bought an old Landrover which we (at the time) thought was magic but when it got bogged in the mudflats it was a lot harder to extract then a Falcon ute.

Mike
AnswerID: 362733

Reply By: Ozboc - Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 10:32

Saturday, May 02, 2009 at 10:32
If you want to stay close to bundy without going all the way out to 1770

head out to moorepark beach - at the far end you can drive onto the beach and head towards the river -- but be careful --- you should only do it on Low tide as high tide will cut of your path back in several places

I have not been up there for 2 years so not sure if all the sand has been washed away by the recent bad weather -- may want to check it out ...

Boc
AnswerID: 362763

Sponsored Links