Thanks for the replies and a quick update.

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 19:55
ThreadID: 6852 Views:1961 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks for the replies guys.

WE went for a spin in the Patrol today, drives great, no noises from the drivetrain or when 4wd is engaged, doesnt jump out of gear when you back off quickly etc etc. Only thing was a slight wobble at 110kays on the highway but it is running BFG's. Only question i now have is we think the Patrol used to be one of those Mobi-Tow jobs,so the kays are most likely always been under tow, the rear suspension has been beefed up and the front left standard. Not sure what sort of servicing it has had after 150 000 the log book entries stop there. One thing we did notice is that when the air cleaner was removed the was a fair bit up soot/oil ?? build up in the air body just below the cleaner, and the flares have alot of stone damage on the them.

To answer some questions posted to ask me, the Patrol is located in a dealership in Brisbane, apparently he has heaps of people look at it then fall over when they see kays on it.

Thanks again for the replies to a question that must get asked alot around here.

Still thinking about getting it or not had a look at few more Rodeos today as well.

Cheers Peter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 21:39

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 21:39
Id Grab it

As I said if it needs an engine rebuild, $5000 at WORST. Thats new pistons main bearngs, rings the lot...

AnswerID: 29262

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 22:12

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 22:12
Jester,
In some cases you will find that if someone uses their car for their business it will be well serviced to a point, as far as I'm aware Mobi Tow is a franchised business so the person driving the vehicle will have a vested intrest in having a reliable bus, unlike Thrifty, Hertz car hire companies which is a one owner 6000 driver option which isn't good. As Truckster says you would get out of a good rebuild for a about 5k, if you do it yourself, you could nearly stretch to a turbo as well, I'm assuming it hasn't already hasn't got one, if it has you can add another 1k for the turbo overhaul. If you get your important parts from Nissan, e.g clutch and not the real genuine one they also sell an aftermarket clutch which is half the price and has all the important springs installed.
The Mobi Tow fourby is less likely to of participated in an Outback challenge due to the nature of the buiness, so you should be right there.
Good luck, sounds allright. This is all my opinion type stuff as usual. Keep the shiny side up
AnswerID: 29268

Reply By: uppy - Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 16:51

Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 16:51
pete, im looking at a gu at the moment its a 1998 dx 4.2 for 28k$its done 190kswhats the price and ks are you looking at
thanks uppy
AnswerID: 29329

Follow Up By: Jester - Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 18:18

Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 18:18
Hey Uppy

The kays for the model i am looking are 320 000 and the price is $20 000, its a 1998 GU DX 4.2 as well
FollowupID: 20431

Sponsored Links