Friendly van parks in NW of WA

Submitted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 09:51
ThreadID: 68528 Views:2524 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We havent stayed in many WA caravan parks since we arrived in the state around a month ago, however we have found a couple I would like to recommend to other travellers if you have to stay in a van park, both in beautiful parts of WA

The first was Mt Trio Bushcamping and Caravan Park, a convenient place to stay when visiting the Stirling Ranges. It has a few powered sites and acres of places to stay unpowered (our choice) in a country setting, basic amenities, a camp kitchen and games room, fireplace to cook on. We loved it because it was very quiet and unspoilt.

The other one is our current site for a couple of nights, at Warren Way Caravan Park in Manjimup, while we wait for mail and have a look around the district. The Hosts are very welcoming and provided all the occupants with a plate of hot scones, jam and cream for afternoon tea not long after arrival. yesterday It is a small park, amenities are clean and it's only a km or so from town.

This is a personal opinion though others may differ.

Cheers Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 09:53

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 09:53
Sorry that should read SW of WA. Pressed submit before I realised.
heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 363299

Follow Up By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:33

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 15:33
Hi Heather, We have been keenly following your blogs as we are
doing a similar trip late August, & will continue to look out for
your excellent reports. The C/p you mention have been duly noted. Thanks for the good oil....oldbaz.
FollowupID: 630975

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 06:48

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 06:48
Great tip, thanks Heather, it has been noted and marked for our visit to he area next July.
FollowupID: 631096

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 10:50

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 10:50
Heather
I would totally agree with the Warren Way Caravan Park In Manjimup. It is just on the north side of town.

Neil
AnswerID: 363309

Reply By: Member - RFLundgren (WA) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 11:17

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 11:17
Heather

Can definitely agree with Mt Trio. Stayed there only a few weeks ago on the way from Esperance to Albany and it was an awesome camp ground / CP. The owners were great, came round to say hi and make sure we knew where everything was and that all was good. Just a pity we only had the one night there, as some of the walks that they have on and around the property look great.

Cheers

Richard

AnswerID: 363312

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 17:34

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 17:34
I grew up along the Stirlings, climbed all those hills long before CPs and walk trails were put in. Climbed Bluff Knoll back in October last, didn't think I would ever get to the top, Ahhh what a difference a lifetime makes. Love the area down there.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 363372

Reply By: dave the brickie - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 20:52

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 20:52
Hi Heather,
Have to agree with you regarding Warren Way Caravan Park.The hosts are so friendly and the scones were such a delicious suprise.Stayed there 4 nights pre Xmas.Highly recommend Friday nights meals at the little "restuarant".Dave.
AnswerID: 363407

Reply By: Member - Danielle T (WA) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:45

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:45
yes, we stayed at the Mt Trio Caravan and Bushcamping site Easter Saturday. It was great,no booking, heaps of room. Would like to have stayed longer and will definately stay again. We also climbed Bluff Knoll, I kept having mental pictures of them having to chopper my dead body off the top. LOL. But it was truly worth the climb. Great time had by us both. Danielle
AnswerID: 363422

Follow Up By: Member - Danielle T (WA) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:46

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:46
Forgot to say My Rig pic is at the Mt Trio park.
D
FollowupID: 631082

Sponsored Links