camper boxes

Submitted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 16:52
ThreadID: 68539 Views:2239 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi just looking for a few hints have a camper trailer and were the batterry sits on the side ledge had some conveyer belt rubber under the battery. when i pulled it off under the matt was full of rust also under the front boxes.anyc lues to what i can put under the battery and boxes to help stop this , just rubbed the camper back and resprayed with penetrol and cold gal. thanks Dags
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushwhacker - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 17:02

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 17:02
Hi Dags, not totally sure, but maybe the rust was caused by water being trapped under the conveyor belting, even just condensation, (of course it could have been acid, too). I would think that what you have done with the cold-gal is a good idea... possibly add a smear of grease to the surface, clean the rubber and dry it before replacing it. Check it more regularly, too.
Cheers, 'Whacker
AnswerID: 363365

Reply By: Member - ross m (WA) - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:19

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:19
I have rubber conveyor belt cut into strips under the battery tray so it can dry out
AnswerID: 363390

Reply By: Johnny boy - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:46

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 19:46
Hi Dags,
the same thing happend to my mates tray and at first he cleaned it up and drilled some holes in it , but about a year later he came over to my place and I cut out the old tray botom and welded in this purferated mesh it was very heavy gauge but I dont know where he got it from he then resprayed the whole trailer after all the mods then put the ruber mat back in .

Regards John.
AnswerID: 363395

Sponsored Links