rainbow land/sand slides

Submitted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:36
ThreadID: 68549 Views:2166 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
g'day,

after coming back from bundy and doing a detour tru rainbow thought it would be nice to go for a drive on the beach... taking the freash water track pouring down rain made things interesting... got to the entry to the beach tide seemed to be high thought would be able to make it to the barge area.. driving along it only got worse very soft sand and not much room to move between the high sanddunes...

got to one area and had to choose water or wat looked like high soft sand not a dune but yea... chose the soft and boom.... front of the car gone sunk right into the water wash out kinda thing..
luckly had someone behind me that stoped to give us a hand but then him self got stuck half on the landslide was able to get my self out and gave him a pull too. driving on and bad timing after being boged for awile and trying to recover to 4wds things only got worse was a massive sand slide and had to wait or drive around the quick sand ended upp having to wait for 3 hours for the water to go down so we could drive around it luckly some campers where there to warn us about the slide as i was on track to go right into it rain really makes things alot worse on the beach hidden dangers.

rodeo with a facelift
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BenDiD - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:48

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 22:48
Hi Shane,

That sounds like it wasn't much fun!

I used to get up that way quite a bit and I was jst wondering was the land slide on the Noosa North Shore beach? Somewhere near Red Canyon?

Cheers

Ben
AnswerID: 363425

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 10:04

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 10:04
g'day, Ben

yeah it was near the red canyon was all along the beach aye but there was one huge one...was a huge shock how bad things had got after abit of rain and how it made things so much worse
FollowupID: 631122

Sponsored Links