Cameron Corner to Montecollina Bore

Submitted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 19:46
ThreadID: 68582 Views:3533 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
heading off to Alice Springs in late June and I am trying to plan our overnight stops along the way.
Can anyone give me an approximate driving time from Cameron Corner via Merty Merty to Montecollina Bore and from there to Coward Springs.
Tried putting the route into the driving directions but it only seems to give a route via Thargomindah and Innaminka.
Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 20:20

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 20:20
You can cruise comfortably at 80kmh along that route. So work it out for yourself how long it would take. There will be a few sights to see between Montecollina and Coward Springs so factor in that time as well.
AnswerID: 363559

Reply By: MrBitchi (QLD) - Thursday, May 07, 2009 at 07:57

Thursday, May 07, 2009 at 07:57
You'll easily get to Moteccollina by lunch time. From there to Coward springs would take a full day I'd think.
Personally wouldn't stop at Coward. Think it's way overrated. Bush camp up the track a bit.
AnswerID: 363628

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Thursday, May 07, 2009 at 11:45

Thursday, May 07, 2009 at 11:45
Just a couple of weeks ago I travelled from Farina to Cameron's Corner in a day.

We took our time getting away from Farina and had a good look around near the old rail siding before leaving. We were in Lyndhurst about 1030 or 1100. We had a quick stop at Talk Alf's camp and then a late and leisurely lunch at Montecollina Bore. We got to Cameron Corner just on sunset.

In the past I have travelled from Broken Hill to Montecollina in an easy days drive and set up camp comfortably before dark.

If you have time to take a look at Lake Eyre it is worth the effort, whether or not there is water in it. The camping at Muloorina is excellent but it will add at least 2 days to your trip.

Duncs
AnswerID: 363676

Sponsored Links