down south snow tracks or stuff that people down that way can show me

Submitted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 18:37
ThreadID: 68674 Views:1968 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
g'day,

lookin at goin down south to freeze some monkey balls... and not sure on real good places to have an explore my first option was to fly down and hire a car or take a hire car down there but not really wat im wanting to do.... my idea is to drive west this week to like dubbo zoo have a look at that and then head south to ACT and blue mountains i have 2 weeks to do this and would be goin alone so yeah wouldent mind doing some fishing or tracks or somthing would be meeting the gf that is flying down to canberra and then thought take the colorado to the snow with the new clutch that still smells clutchy.

any help would be awsome
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 19:57

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 19:57
Still a bit early for snow driving Steve & suggest it highly unlikely there will much on the ground next week. Except for Alpine resort access roads most High Country tracks are closed so one really needs a big dump with snow falling to 1000m to find much. The vast majority of the snow that fell a couple of weeks ago is all but gone & the forecast is only for brief snow showers at best.
Trout season still open till the 2nd weekend in June so should be right to dangle a line.
If there is a snow fall slip over the border into Victoria particually around Mt Pinnabar (1800m) but be sure to go prepared.
Cheers Craig.............
AnswerID: 364062

Reply By: Madfisher - Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 20:36

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 20:36
Arround the top of Eucebene dam would be worth a look, buttt it will be vvvery cccold. Dont forget to buy a fishing lic. For best fishing advice contact the Alpine angler in Cooma. Good trout fishing also arround lithgow in the local lakes. Lake Lyal is fishing well, and their is a bit of 4wding up the back near rydal as well.
Best time to visit the Snowy is from Nov to April if You are from Qld.I live in the central tablelands of NSW( 5c outside at the moment) and theirs no way you would get me down their after end of April
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 364074

Sponsored Links