pump for a twine heat exchange

Submitted: Monday, May 11, 2009 at 12:49
ThreadID: 68719 Views:1598 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi people

would anyone be able to help me figure out what pump is best for my twine heat exchange i have a gq2 partol
would like a good all around pump that can pump fairly high in vertical lift and suction from a fair way to
but also as you might know i can't pump to fast or it wont work

thanks crackr
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Chev-Patrol 6.5 V8 D - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 13:11

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 13:11
Most people use either a Shurflo or Flojet pump of around 11 litres per minute capacity.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you need a high vertical lift..... I hope you're not expecting (or intending) to pump directly out of a river/creek??? Why, you ask??

Well, it is not considered acceptable behaviour to shower so close to a natural water source as to allow the "dirty" water (with soap and shampoo etc) to flow back into that river/creek etc.

Okay, so maybe that's why you want a powerful pump...... You would need an expensive, power-hungry SOB to be able to pump water that far from the river/creek that you were not likely to allow the water to re-enter the river/creek.

So, here is what I do (and most other people I know).

If you're lucky enough to be close to a fresh water source, you grab a bucket and get the water out using that. You need to cart it back to your camp site and use it as the supply for your shower. If you do this, then the aforementioned Shurflo or Flojet will work perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Roachie
AnswerID: 364290

Follow Up By: crackr - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 13:25

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 13:25
a didn't think of that but i see you point it was mainly for if a river is down and need to pump up a inbankment

saving to carry bucket up

also thought a small submerable buildge pump then into a bucket then using a shurflo sould work well??
FollowupID: 631977

Follow Up By: CJ - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:33

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:33
Roachie ,
He asked for advice on a type of pump not a lecture on what is considered acceptable behaviour...

CJ
FollowupID: 632070

Reply By: David - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:58

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:58
Just be carefull what size pump you choose. Water is usually at a premium for me. I wouldn't run bigger than 5litre per minute unless water was in abundance. Even then that will empty a jerry in 4 mins.
AnswerID: 364383

Sponsored Links