Reverse sensors

Submitted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 18:57
ThreadID: 68764 Views:2041 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all explorer, I am in the process of looking for the best reverse sensor to suit our requirements. I have a slide on camper on the back of a landcruiser tray back. I also have a reverse camera mounted on the back, although it helps the objects look further away and it's difficult to reverse in tight areas without knowing exactly how close the object is. Being the reason I'm looking towards incorporating a reverse sensor, that will beep and also display the distance.
Has any one out there had similar requirements? Any suggestions on what to look for or what to steer away from would be appreciated. Thanks Guys.
Cheers Rev's
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stuart P (WA) - Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 20:25

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 20:25
dynamco make one that allows trailer towing.
they are in east perth
AnswerID: 364546

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 12:19

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 12:19
I recently bought a 4-sensor Command unit (model 91CMD20-4) from Auto-One for $85, with both audible and distance display. Works well on my little shopping car, with very little false triggering. I mounted the display above the mirror. Works well there. Very easy to install, just connect the power lead to your reverse light wiring, with all other wires and sensors just need plugging in to the main module. Even supplied a hole cutter for the sensors.
Doesn't account for trailers, tho.
Gerry
AnswerID: 364643

Sponsored Links