Hamelin Pool - Stromatelites

Submitted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 23:40
ThreadID: 68774 Views:2559 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Called in to Hamelin Pool caravan park last saturday night to see the stromatelites on our way to Monkey Mia. We were so impressed with the hospitality and the local knowledge of both the owners and managers that we will be staying there again on the way out. I just thought i'd let fellow explorOz readers know about the place and see if anyone else has been there.

Humie and the family.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jeepthing - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 09:11

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 09:11
Yes I've stayed there we were impressed with the hospitality etc as well we were there for a few days and had the place to ourselves except for the visitors during the day.

However we did find the generator a bit noisy.
AnswerID: 364613

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 11:21

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 11:21
Humie,

Would it be possible to post a comment like this in the place system for this caravan park. Also if you get a chance would you mind or get the owners to update the information and maybe a load a few pics into the place - see Hamelin Pool Caravan Park
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 364637

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:06

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:06
Agree totally.

My wife and I stayed there "out of necessity" after a solid days driving and ended up loving the place. Terrific people, so friendly. We got onto a tour of the radio/telegraph hut which was interesting and were fascinated with the stomatelites. The breakfast was fantastic as well.

It's not the flashest camp spot, but the surrounds and the people made it a most enjoyable stop.

jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 364741

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Thoughtfully- Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:53

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:53
Those stromatelites are an amazing thing, and the heat was amazing too. The telegraph station was a very interesting place and the people there helpful friendly and knew lots too.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 364749

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 00:10

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 00:10
Good place - close enough to Monkey Mia to do a day trip without draging your van all the way in and out.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 364756

Sponsored Links