05 Navara STR Diesel Air Con

Submitted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 21:03
ThreadID: 68798 Views:1728 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The air con switch in my Navara has developed a fault The fan speeds number 1-4. No 1 wont work although the air con is activated. I have been told there isan actuator switch that controls the voltage to the fan and so alters the fan speed. Can anyone tell me where it is located. It has been suggested that it is behind the glovebox but I dont want to pull all that out without knowing.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: oldfart1953 - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 00:17

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 00:17
The part at fault is the 'fan speed resistor'.
Depending on the fan speed selected either the power or earth circuit goes through the resistor. The lower the fan speed the greater resistance is required to control the fan speed. With this resistance you get a high heat load on the resistor. The resistor is required to be in direct air flow from the fan motor to keep the resistor 'cool'. & prevent/reduce the resistor from burning out.
On your Navara, I cant tell exactly where it is but it will most likely be in the air transfer duct between the fan motor & evapouator...yes behind the glove box....usually very easy to get to. Usually rectangular in shape with four or five wires going to it & secured by two screws or clips.
Unfortunately this part is only serviced by the vehicle manufacturer so you will have to buy genuine.

CU down the road
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 364759

Reply By: sixtyklix - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 14:14

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 14:14
Thanks for your reply, I'll pull the glovebox out and have a look.
AnswerID: 364828

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)