colorado clutch 3 times lucky

Submitted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 21:50
ThreadID: 68800 Views:2726 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
well,

Thinking hmm..do i buy someone elses problem or do i buy new....was wat i was thinking end of last year and decided yea i think new will be the best option for me at the time... so out i went looked around at all the money hungry dealers found a real hot dealer at zupps longest legs and wore a short skirt in a ute every guys dream..

ended upp buying the colorado 3LTD and wow whats happend clutches just about to do my 3rd clutch first time yea your clutch is sliping we will do that under warrenty no prob 2 time oh its your master cylinder and clutch ...tommorow all same as the first time can change gears with my lil toe and reeks of clutch.

so its goin back once again whats wrong with these cars !!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 21:59

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 21:59
Are you sure its the cars?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnswerID: 364738

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:09

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:09
well,

hmm dont know aye let see i drive mowers all day and tractors and trucks and have had 2 cars before this one and not one clutch so...i think that answers tat for you ...you should work at a dealership sounds like you got wat it takes......!
FollowupID: 632382

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 08:38

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 08:38
shane,

Steady on, Graham just asked the question that a lot of people would have. 3 clutches in a new vehicle.

Driving mowers all day and tractors and trucks is a lot different from driving a vehicle on sand.
This is, from what I remember, is where the trouble started with your vehicle having a problems.

If you think that there might be a problem with the vehicle, you should be able to have it checked out by an independent motoring organisation, and if possible before the vehicle goes back for another clutch.

This could turn very nasty between the dealership and yourself and no one will win.

Make sure that you keep all and any paper work that you have from the workshop where the warranty work has been done.

Good luck with the repairs to the vehicle.

Wayne
FollowupID: 632412

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 14:19

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 14:19
Having spent most of my life behind the wheel of the 37 different cars I have owned and having driven things like scrapers ,front end loaders and Jetboats I think Im quite qualified to ask the question. The only thing I owned with a shiny exhaust was the jetboat.

Have seen so called expert drivers who rest their foot on the clutch pedal and those with autos that use the brake pedal for the same not realising that their brake lights are on all the time and wondering why they cut pads out in 10,000k .

It seemed a logical question to someone perhaps with a sense of humour , something you seem to lack

Along the way I also learnt to spell.

FollowupID: 632676

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 19:05

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 19:05
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Personal Attacks Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 632734

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 08:27

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 08:27
Shane

Been following your Colorado exploits over the past few months.

I had occasion to sit in one at the dealers the other day and thought it looked nice a nice little truck. It's seating was far better than a Navara for instance.

Methinks you may have bought a lemon. It does happen every now and then with various brands. There is an old joke about a car being built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon may have defects.

Maybe it is time to make a noise and jump up and down and tell them to give you a new Colorado as this 'old' one is just not worth the hassle!

Good luck
AnswerID: 364765

Reply By: Member - Tony & Julie (FNQ) - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 16:46

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 16:46
Sorry you are having troubles with your car, My Rodeo Clutch cops a hiding and all still good. As Willem said it must be a lemon. Something must be set up wrong.

Maybe that exhaust gives you too much power :-) (Kidding)

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 364850

Reply By: Craig & Jen - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 22:29

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 22:29
Hi shane86
My mate at work has been through the clutch ringer like you with his colorado / rodeo and in the end it was the master cylinder if you want anymore info on his up hill battle with Holden let me know.

By the way it has been over 9 months now and his clutch is working perfectly.
AnswerID: 364941

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 10:17

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 10:17
G'day Craig,

well its done....for how long no idea it still smells abit they said it will slowly go away. the 2nd time they replaced the master cylinder and full assembley 1st time was just the clutch .. 3rd time was..was internal problem adjusting everything so they said so now its near the floor and stiff so will it last the trip to the ACT more than likely not
FollowupID: 632631

Sponsored Links