Caravan Blinds

Submitted: Friday, May 15, 2009 at 14:08
ThreadID: 68858 Views:4593 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Just purchased a 2005 Jayco caravan 25' with ensuite. Very happy with it only thing is I hate the drapes & curtains in it and want to replace them with venitian blinds. Do I have to go back to Jayco or who would make them up for caravan specific? I live in Melbourne SW side. If anyone has got V/blinds are they ? (I know about the cleaning) I'm a fanatic so that doesn't pose a problem just want to know if they stay steady whilst the van is on the road??? It's been over 25 years since we have owned a van, travelled and lived in one for a few years when we were very young. Any suggestion/alternatives would be great.
Thanks Mish
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 14:58

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 14:58
Hi Mish, we have venetians in our van, we have no problems with them whilst travelling, we make sure that they are down, closed and clicked into there catches at the bottom ends of the blinds. We have had the van on corrugated roads.

Can't help with availability of them in Melbourne.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 365050

Reply By: tuck 01 - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 16:05

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 16:05
G'day Mish
My wife has just finished doing this. She's really good with her hands (as opposed to me) and said it was not too difficult.
She got 6 blinds at K Mart for $170, but this was on a 40%-off sale.
Instructions explain how to shorten width (max'm 10cm reduction) and shorten length by any amount.
The little plastic clips to hold down the bottom are pretty flimsy so should brought beefier ones at Spotlight.
Dunno how they travel yet as van has not moved since job was done. Must admit, I thought we would probably pull them right up when travelling.
Cheers
Jeff
AnswerID: 365064

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, May 15, 2009 at 21:37

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 21:37
Hi tuck 01, our blinds were in the van when we got it, the instructions say to travel with them down and closed making sure that they are clipped at the bottom which is how we travel and we have had no probs.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 632760

Reply By: Curlynan - Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 08:26

Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 08:26
Thanks for replying and suggestions about Kmart/Spotlight. Will look into that, also the tips when the van is on the road having the blinds down etc.

Ta..Mish
AnswerID: 365169

Sponsored Links