No fuel in Bollon SW QLD

Submitted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 18:34
ThreadID: 68900 Views:2490 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I have just read another post about Pooncarrie not having fuel.
I was told earlier this month that the one and only servo in Bollon had shut it's doors as there was not enough turn over. That means there is no fuel between St George and Cunnamulla along the Balonne highway, which is about 300kms.

I hope this prevents someone from running low and relying on Bollon for a refil

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 20:12

Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 20:12
G'day Kev

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll be coming that way to get to the gathering.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 365288

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 06:22

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 06:22
The servo did themselves no favours as the were dearer than Cunnamulla and St George by a long way and even the locals avoided refueling there. The locals just bought bulk fuel from St George instead.

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 633032

Follow Up By: RV Powerstream P/L - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 13:51

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 13:51
Sir Kev
Startrack KYF00050 Dated 12th May 2005. I hope the truck does not go by Bollon and run out of fuel.
Ian
FollowupID: 633075

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 14:48

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 14:48
Ian,
I pick the package up tomorrow from their depot. I missed the delivery by 10 mins and they wouldn't let my next door neighbour sign for it, for me LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 633078

Follow Up By: RV Powerstream P/L - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 17:04

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 17:04
Thanks Sir Kev
Ill keep my eye on that one in case they try and charge me for a second delivery as that little bit is dearer than the overall charge.

I had one delivery i WA where the driver drove past the house and didnt stop and told them that no one lived there because there was no curtains on the house in Cunnanurra.

I found out a month later when Perth Depot rang me and told me no one lived there so I rang the woman and she answered the phone. So Perth to Cunnanurra a second time not on my bill thankyou.
The poor husband was in trouble he was working away and it was a birthday present for his wife at home and she didnt know it was coming and he didnt know she didnt get it and wondered why the cold shoulder on the phone. Lucky he was working away.
Ian
FollowupID: 633096

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 17:10

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 17:10
I rang them after I had missed them and told them I would pick it up from the Depot on Monday.

Thanks again for donating the stuff for the St George Gathering.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 633097

Reply By: Member - John Q (QLD) - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:04

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:04
Thanks for that info Kev, will be coming back that way in a couple of weeks. Currently in Perth but on the Indian Pacific back to Broken Hill to pick up the van later in the week.

John
just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

AnswerID: 365352

Reply By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 15:49

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 15:49
Hi everyone,
That is a shame, we free camped there 2nd last week in April it was the most friendly little town with the most fantastic camping spot planned to stay one day but ended up staying 2 nights. one of the locals even came out and gave us a couple of buckeys of yabbies, we had a great time, hope to write a review for one of the camping magc as they really want people to camp and spend a few dollars
Barb
AnswerID: 365384

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 16:04

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 16:04
Barb,

The servo shut it's doors at the end of April :(

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 633084

Sponsored Links