RA Rodeo towing capacity

Submitted: Monday, May 18, 2009 at 15:43
ThreadID: 68944 Views:3234 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I know it is a long time ago, but back in October 2007 a user by the name of WILLV placed a thread stating the problems he had when he found that his 2004 RAodeo was only rated to tow 2000kg but in 2005 holden rated their RA Rodeo as having a capcity of 3000kg even though the vehicle was identical in every technical way. He contacted Holden Customer assistance but their were unable to help. WILLV went on to say that he eventually obtained a letter from Holden stating that there was an error in the 2003-04 handbook and that it was infact conpliant to 300kgs. I have encountered the exact problem with my rodeo. I first went to the local holden dealer who i might add was very helpful and did verify that it was the case. (both vehicles identical in all aspects but with differnt towing capacities). The holden dealer referred me to the Holden Customer assistance, well what an experience that was (quite traumatic) absolutley useless. I'm sure that there was a robot on the other end of the phone. I explained my problem and asked if I could be be put in touch with someone who may be able to help, but no that would be too easy so once again I am at a loss. Anyone out there with any suggestions. I just want to tow a heavier vehicle with a 2004 ra, if it was plated 2005 it would be quite OK.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RV Powerstream P/L - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 16:23

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 16:23
Take the specs of both vehicles to an Engineer and se if they will certify the capacity.

Ian
AnswerID: 365511

Sponsored Links