Urgently need current Canning Stock Route Feedback

Submitted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 08:05
ThreadID: 68969 Views:2230 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi @ll,

it's now just two bloody days before we take off to Oz for our CSR adventure trip. Has anybody recently travelled the CSR or parts of it and can give me an update on current track conditions? What about Savory Creek? Is it passable at the moment?

Any feedback would be highly welcomed.

Thanks and cheers from bloody boring Dortmund/Germany,

Juergen

German by Birth, but Aussie by Heart!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 08:48

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 08:48
Juergen,

Like you I will heading to the Canning Stock Route soon, and as far as I know there has not been any problems with the track.

Savory Creek does have a detour around if the creek crossing is not passable.

I hope you have a good trip across to Australia and an even better trip along the Canning Stock Route.

Wayne

AnswerID: 365625

Reply By: Member - SR509 (WA) - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:02

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:02
Savory creek was fine when we did it last year and as far as I have heard there have not been any big rains out that way. Wasn't a drop of water near the crossing for a good few hundred metres either side. When you get to it you actually drive along it for some time before crossing over and continuing. As pointed out, there is a very long detour around it but even with some water in it, I would still attempt it if you had all the recovery gear. Think you would have no problems though.

We actually got so sick of the corrugations that day that when we hit Savory creek, we drove along it for about 2-3km's and then almost missed the crossing. It was so nice to sit on nice hard salt that was as smooth as a baby's bum.
AnswerID: 365637

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 11:27

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 11:27
Have a wonderful trip Juergen. You have probably seen more of the Australian outback than i have.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 365644

Reply By: farmer112 - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 19:43

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 19:43
Hi @ll,

thank you very much for your valuable comments. Sounds great!
And thanks a lot for wishing us a nice trip. I am sure we will enjoy it.

We will travel well prepared. We will have all necessary gear/equipment in case we get bogged, will travel with two well-prepared vehicles and have especially concentrated on preparation for any medical emergencies. We will carry a wilderness first responder kit, not only for our own protection but also to help any other people in case of a medical emergency.

Cheers from bloody boring Dortmund/Germany,

Juergen

German by Birth, but Aussie by Heart!
AnswerID: 365718

Sponsored Links