Gq carby to efi

Submitted: Friday, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:34
ThreadID: 6906 Views:1804 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Any done this conversion on the exsisting motor. Can get a manifold complete with throttle body, sensors etc. No computer, although i have the pirahna electronic ignition and have been told an aftermarket computer can run the fuel independant from the ignition, in other words I don't need the factory efi dizzy and computer. I am aware I will have to run a high volume fuel pump. Any thoughs on this?
Red Rover
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:37

Friday, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:37
Lots of $$ is the final product worth the effort?

Try The GQ list Bazzle may have the answer, he has the answer to everything else.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nissan_GQ_Patrol/
AnswerID: 29544

Reply By: Member - Allan - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 00:30

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 00:30
Yeap can be done if you have manifold, injectors & throttle position sensor. My son converted his 2.4 L Bundera to EFI & it cost over $1000 even doing all the work himself. He had to replace the fuel pump with one from a Commodore. He used a Haltec after-market computer. There is no preset program so you will have to 'map' the air - fuel ratio yourself on a laptop and then have it checked on dyno & exhaust gas analyser.
Not a cheap exercise and you would have to really love the the GQ. It would not make it a better vehicle after the exercise but its a lot of fun if you like computers & electronics.Cheers
Allan
AnswerID: 29615

Sponsored Links