caravan park big ticks

Submitted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:18
ThreadID: 69361 Views:3195 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
goodday all
as alot know we are on the road at the minute and all the parks we have stayed in have been good but 2 we really recomend are the lake view at Lake Cargelligo very reasonable rates (stay 3 nights get 4th free)and very clean and nice people around the other is the jack tonkin C/P at Cunnamulla quiet clean and again nice people lsat night had a big fire going and a lot of fellow caravanners gathered around for a few drinks and chit chat bit of rain about today but we all need that somewhere

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:36

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:36
Good stuff.

Steve,if you have the time, it would be helpful if you could post your thoughts on the places you stayed and enjoyed onto the Caravan Parks Report site.

It is at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/ and I know many on this site refer to it when planning a trip. Very useful site.

Cheers
Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 367788

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:40

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:40
Good point Jack. I use "Badger's" as a reference, and always put any CPs we stay at on the site when i get home. It now also takes low cost camp grounds such as national parks and community honesty box camp grounds. I urge everyone to do this, even if there are reports for a particular CP already there. The web site is only as good as we make it by contributing.

Keep on enjoying your travels Gypsies.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 635402

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:02

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:02
G'Day Steve, Denny and Macca,

Good to see that your enjoying SW QLD.

Is it possible to update the fuel prices for out that way if you get a chance. There is no fuel prices listed for Cunnamulla and it is the last one until St George if you are East bound.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 367802

Follow Up By: Member - John Q (QLD) - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 13:20

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 13:20
Kev,

Last Friday, Unleaded in Cunnamulla was $1.299/litre at the Caltex & the Caltex in St George was $1.169/litre. I did not make a note of the Diesel price in either place.

John

just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

FollowupID: 635487

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 14:16

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 14:16
John,

The Caltex and Mobil in St George are usually the cheapest in town. The Mobil is located on the south side of St George on the way to the Airport (across the road from Mitre 10). The Caltex is located on the main drag across the road from the Cobb and Co Pub :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 635491

Sponsored Links