Buying interstate rego camper trailer

Submitted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:52
ThreadID: 69375 Views:2105 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We're in the ACT and looked at a Jayco registered in SA (owners moved recently).

Anyone know the cost of transfering rego?
(ACT rego information website was a bit confusing).

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: garrycol - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:04

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:04
When you get it back to the ACT you will need to take the Jayco to a registered inspection station and have it checked for a roadworthy - and most likely a gas test.

Then it will need to go to the Dickson motor registry for an identity check as it is coming from inter state. I am not sure of the cost for these tests but is probably in the order of $40 each.

You then take the roadworthy cert, gas certificate, and identity report and pay the rego fee, number plate fee and any other government fee and you should be right.

AnswerID: 367804

Reply By: dingbat - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:32

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:32
Ozwrangler--you will also have to pay for ACT rego and the cost of the ACT number plate, and a tax - 2.5% 0r is it 3%- based on the value of the vehicle. You may need a weighbridge certificate but last time I bought one to the ACT this weight check was not needed. I suggest you first talk to an authorised inspector eg Goodyear Autocare at Phillip is one. They will most likely know what reqirements you need to fulfill, I have not had to take my last two vans to Dickson--one was new, one 2nd hand, but both required the inspection--weighbridge at Mugga Lane tip will issue a certificate for $20.

ACT rego costs are much dearer than elswhere--mumble mumble--my van weighs gvm 1420 tare 1161-as per the compliance plate and the rego for a year is $275

AnswerID: 367905

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)