Buying interstate rego camper trailer

Submitted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 17:52
ThreadID: 69375 Views:2364 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We're in the ACT and looked at a Jayco registered in SA (owners moved recently).

Anyone know the cost of transfering rego?
(ACT rego information website was a bit confusing).

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: garrycol - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:04

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:04
When you get it back to the ACT you will need to take the Jayco to a registered inspection station and have it checked for a roadworthy - and most likely a gas test.

Then it will need to go to the Dickson motor registry for an identity check as it is coming from inter state. I am not sure of the cost for these tests but is probably in the order of $40 each.

You then take the roadworthy cert, gas certificate, and identity report and pay the rego fee, number plate fee and any other government fee and you should be right.

Garry
AnswerID: 367804

Reply By: dingbat - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:32

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:32
Ozwrangler--you will also have to pay for ACT rego and the cost of the ACT number plate, and a tax - 2.5% 0r is it 3%- based on the value of the vehicle. You may need a weighbridge certificate but last time I bought one to the ACT this weight check was not needed. I suggest you first talk to an authorised inspector eg Goodyear Autocare at Phillip is one. They will most likely know what reqirements you need to fulfill, I have not had to take my last two vans to Dickson--one was new, one 2nd hand, but both required the inspection--weighbridge at Mugga Lane tip will issue a certificate for $20.

ACT rego costs are much dearer than elswhere--mumble mumble--my van weighs gvm 1420 tare 1161-as per the compliance plate and the rego for a year is $275

goodluck
AnswerID: 367905

Sponsored Links