Camper trailers

Submitted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 19:28
ThreadID: 69384 Views:1995 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
seriously looking at '"Trek about" Camper trailer- 4x4 Deluxe tour.

Any comments on this manufacture or this model camper trailer before I part with my hard earned $$$.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bucky, the "Mexican"- Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:35

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:35
Mizanne

Key points to look for is, I believe, independant coil suspension, and end opening bed. (side opening bed, means that you have to climb over partner, if you need to go, in the middle of the night....could be convenient too.. hehehe)

They all have good points, and no matter what you buy, you will check out others, with nice things, that are not on your camper.

If not sure, there are plenty of places that hire them out, and that way you can look at a range of different ones, .... good points, bad points, ect, and then make up your mind.
Cheers
Bucky

AnswerID: 367857

Reply By: Member - Kevin R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 13:40

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 13:40
Hi Mizanne,

I have had a Trackabout safari for 2 yrs now. I'm very happy with it and have had no problems at all. They are very strongly built. We did a 7,500 km return trip to Central Australia last year with absolutely no problems.

John is great to deal with when purchasing and will basically modify to you requirements. Canvas is first class. We have side opening as it gives a lot more room but it does take a little longer to put up, however we are only talking 5- 10 minutes once you get good at it.

I think they are also great value for monry.

Cheers

Kevin
AnswerID: 367920

Reply By: Craigww24 - Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 14:46

Monday, Jun 01, 2009 at 14:46
I agree with Kevin, we have got a Trackabout Safari and love it! We keep getting filthy looks from campers as when we set up it is done quite quickly and same when we pull down.
John is more than helpful and I think he can remember almost everyone he has sold one too.
AnswerID: 367930

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)