Plotswap search

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:36
ThreadID: 69465 Views:1713 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
1. On the map I used to draw a rectangle for the area in which I wanted to search for plots. I can't do this any more. Why?
2. If you look at 'All Plots' they are not in alphabetical order which makes searching very difficult. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you, Rob
The outback calls

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:37

Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:37
Gooday Nav'
there are several ways you can get to the plot you are looking for. The best method is click on the area you want and keep expanding the map until you see a track you are interested in; then click on the track. A small window will pop up with the details of that plot. You can then open that plot for more info. Real easy.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 368233

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:56

Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:56
Rob,

The reply above is exactly right you can actually now zoom in on the map to the exact areas of interest and select a specific track. The search box was replaced by this zoom in functionality have a go using this and see what you think. If you reckon the box select is better then we may be able to work out a way to use it however on the standard mapping system the box method is a zoom control now so I do not want to make it confusing. To use the box zoom feature - hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and draw the box.

As for the all plots list this is shown in the order that plots were loaded on ExplorOz as alpha search is also difficult because people do not alwasy write a title thanks matches and some start with The etc.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 368234

Follow Up By: Navigator 1 (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 13:20

Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 13:20
Thank you Fred B and David,
Everything works perfectly. I can now get on with my searches.
Robyn
The outback calls

FollowupID: 635804

Sponsored Links