coil rite helper spring bag question/update

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 17:54
ThreadID: 69507 Views:2331 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all,
i received the coil rite air bags yesterday. fantastic service from the guys at the airbag man. they said they were all out of stock for the GU patrol with 2 inch lift. but he managed to track some down in Aust somewhere.

Now on opening the box and reading the instructions, Yes, i know blokes are suppose to read after experiencing trouble fitting them. Having the bride yelling down my neck when im under the truck to "read the B^%$dy instructions"sounds appealing. but i thought i would skip it this time around. i digress...

Any way, the instructions only talk about 1 spacer to fit on top of the bag. They have given me 2 spacer (2 each side). one small one and one larger cup spacer. what to do?

i have a 2 inch lift, and i know it has to go either the top or the bottom. but which one and which way around?

i am guessing the instructions are only for a standard height.
Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:16

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:16
Try asking the supplier, it's a bloke thing !!
AnswerID: 368415

Follow Up By: Member - Greg T (ACT) - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:29

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:29
i could do that.
And everone could ring theirsuppliers and visitor centres and dealers etc, and no one would post on the forum.

i was going to do it tonight, the shop is shut, so they wont be able to tell me.
FollowupID: 635976

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:31

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:31
I have the large spacer on the bottom of the bag with the hollow section facing the ground so the bag has a flat surface to sit on top of. Have not seen the small spacer on my rig but presume it must go to the top and act like a poly block on top of the spring and the bag to sit inside the hollow section. Maybe that's why I have not seen the small spacer as I have 30mm poly block spacers in mine???

Hope it helps.
Trevor.
AnswerID: 368444

Sponsored Links