Bush Camp

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:47
ThreadID: 69509 Views:2009 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Anyone know of any bush camping between Packsaddle and Milpannka? On the Silver City Highway. Some waterside camping and yabbies would not go astray. Travelling in August. Thanks Brian.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Scoey4 (SA) - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 19:46

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 19:46
Greetings,

camped by a creek bed, dry, last May just before Milparinka town - nice spot.

SCOEY4
AnswerID: 368435

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:24

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:24
The only water you can be sure of finding up that way is pretty much at Milparinka. Sturts campsite has almost permanent water but apart from that there is not much.

I know of a couple of other waterholes that may have water but they are on leasehold or private land. You may be able to get permission from the landholder but there is no garantee.

There are some lakes just south of Milparinka but they are normally dry. There looks to be a bit of rain around but whether it will be enough to put water in the lakes up that way remains to be seen.

If the rains are good you might be lucky with the yabbies but I wouldn't count on a feed. Keep a couple of sausages in reserve just in case.

Duncs
AnswerID: 368443

Reply By: Cougar Tag-Along-Tours Pty. Ltd. - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:42

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:42
no water holes in that area ,just came back from there thursday 4th .As said the creek bed (dry) just before Milpannika is a good camping spot.
AnswerID: 368695

Reply By: Member - Stokerpop - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:21

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:21
Yea Brian,
As stated along creek before causeway turn right along track. If you go right in there is like an oval size area, maybe check by foot first as I have not been there for a few years. You can walk to pub, ask there about what to see in area, unbelievable some of the areas. About 35km to nearest real town. Could easily chill out there for a week or two,
regards,
Stokerpop
Regards,
Stokerpop

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 369464

Sponsored Links