what a great bunch of blokes

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 21:05
ThreadID: 69595 Views:3115 Replies:4 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
What a terrific site and what a great bunch of blokes that have contributed to my recent query on the TwoZone wireless fridge thermometer. I not only received suggestions and advice from members but also offers by them to go out of their way to help me out. Some brief examples follow:
Mark G Gulmarrad bought one in Grafton and offered to get another to send to me.
Stephen L (Clare SA) advised he had some in stock and would get one to me if there were any left.
Trevor R (QLD) said there may be stock at BCF Virginia and offered to pick one up and get it to me.
Nothing against BMW drivers but, I just don’t think that they would get the same response from their BWM Member’s Club site. My experience is – if you like exploring, going bush and 4wding then chances are you’re going to be a pretty decent bloke (or Sheila).
Thanks All.
Myles.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Matt H (SA) - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 22:27

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 22:27
Myles old fruit, that's what we're here for!

Apart from the odd exception, we're all here trying to achieve a, if not the same, aim: get out there and do it!

Sharing ideas and experiences just adds to the whole thing.

Hell, I've been frequenting this site since 2002 when I remember telling Michelle (one of the Owners of this site) that I was travelling Oz as a couple (wife and me) with a mortgage and a car loan on $70 a day!

The plan was (and still is) to finish writing a book on our adventures, including all the prep and mods done to the Hilux and camper trailer!

I doubt Michelle will remember, but they did send out some ExplorOz stickers (at no charge, I might add) which we displayed on our trailer (see several of our photos of it on my Profile).

None of us are young enough to know everything, hence the reason to rely on others!

Cheers, Matt

"Ingenuity is only limited by the imagination of the individual" M.J.Haynes 2009 :-)
AnswerID: 368876

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:09

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:09
Hi Myles,
Firstly I would like to say again sorry that we did sell out. There are 4 lucky people out there, that did buy them cheap, one member even purchased 2.

You are very correct that this is such a great site. I have made many true friends - some that I have never spoken to in the flesh as such, but are the very first people to give advise and help when asked. Another great thing about this site is that most viewer all have a common interest - Four wheel drives and getting out there to see the BEST COUNTRY in the world. Behind any good trip there is a lot of planning and preparation involved and you will find that it does not matter how remote you want to travel, there will always be someone out there that has been there also and are very willing to share their information with you.

In time you will get to see the regular names on the forum that will always help out where they can.

Have a great and safe Simpson trip, you will be in for a great desert adventure.

Looking forward to see your photos here on the forum.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 368882

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 08:36

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 08:36
Wait until you go camping with some of them, you'll wish you never seen this site. Most of them snore like freight trains (not me of course) and drive like nanna's

"What goes around comes around" is my view on things.

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 368896

Follow Up By: Member - Footloose - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:01

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:01
Hey Trev, don't give away ALL my secrets ! LOL
FollowupID: 636397

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:19

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:19
Trev,

Can Ross H be classed as a Nanna driver LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 636399

Follow Up By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:42

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:42
Hey Trev

i had no idea you had met Hairfysh?

he is our resident 3801 class rattler. as organiser of this years' gathering i would fully support the careful placement of his camp site. :-)))))
FollowupID: 636405

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:16

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:16
Hi Guys,

Qld Jo will tell you, we have someone up here to give Hairfysh and you Footy, a run for their money in the "cutting wood" division of the midnight games.

Kev, Ross H would be the worst of a bad bunch of Nanna drivers if you ask me. Couldn't keep the nose of his Nav in front of 1HZzzzzzzzz pulling 5T in my opinion.

Oh somebody stop me this is too much fun!!!
Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 636427

Follow Up By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:29

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:29
Image Could Not Be Found

my Nav just plods along just fine :-)
FollowupID: 636428

Follow Up By: Ross H (QLD) - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 13:26

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 13:26
Kev and trevor

You two must be bored....?

Kev.. Anytime you want to play tagalong just let me know...Will have the camper set up and be on my third beer by the time that dinosaur of yours gets in.

Trevor..What can I say ..Judy goes away for a few days and leaves you to run the house and look after the kids and here you are picking fights on the forum.
Poor kids will have to go on the Atkins diet to get all the takeaway grease out of there systems...Hahahahah.

Mark..Thats what my dash look like heading to Thargaminda last year ...( TIC )

Regards Ross
FollowupID: 636437

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 20:52

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 20:52
Don't feel too bad Kev, Ross likes to pass on what has been given to him over the years and whilst he says he will be on his third beer before you arrive he seems to be omitting that I would be on my 4th even with the extra 2T of van. He's only picking on you cause of your youth and his propensity to feel younger by trying to fit in with us youngens.

I reckon he's dreaming with this new camper of his anyway Kev, he will still be reading the instructions for the next month. They did not tell him when he bought it that there was no pictures in the instructions, so he's stuffed.

So tell me Mark, how does the Nav go out of town?

Cheers blokes,
Trevor.
FollowupID: 636507

Follow Up By: Ross H (QLD) - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 23:36

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 23:36
What no pictures DAMM how am I going to explain it to you pair then
hahahaha.

Trevor won't have any beer left because he would have had to pour it over that thing he calls an engine just to cool it down at the top of the range...LMAO

Ross
FollowupID: 636533

Follow Up By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 21:40

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 21:40
Trev

dunno how it goes out of town......the missus only lets me drive it to the end of the driveway :-((
FollowupID: 636674

Reply By: Member - Porl - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:20

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:20
Well someone here asked about where to get a bush kettle type thing, I offered mine cause I hadn't used it in a long time. I got their address and sent it, I asked for $x dollars if they lilked it and it suited their expectations, I had low expectations. Instead of $x I got 40% more deposited to my account because they said "it just wasn't worth only $x".

Only at planet exploroz.

AnswerID: 369062

Sponsored Links