Good news about Nissan Warranty

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 08:45
ThreadID: 69642 Views:3377 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I have read many stories about people having difficulty getting Nissan to honour warranty but we have just had work completed on our D40 S-TX Navara which was completed with at no cost. We have had regular services, every 5000 kms while towing the van, and havent fitted any non Nissan extras to it which I gather makes a big difference. Plus we are old f...ts which means we dont use it for crazy feats through mud, dirt or sand!

The local Nissan Service centre was helpful in the interim and lent us a courtesy car before Nissan organised a hire vehicle (at their cost) for us, and did a great job in getting us mobile again asap.

We have had to wait around in a caravan park at Greenough River Mouth 10kms south of Geraldton for close to three weeks but because we have the premium care level of membership with NRMA, they pay the accommodation costs (up to $700 in 1 year). The park has been friendly and a good quiet little place to stay out of town with walks and fishing in river and ocean. They charged us very reasonable rates for longer than a week too.

Just wanted to let thise Nissan owners out there know that there are good news stories too occasionally.

We are resuming our trip to the north of here later this morning and very happy to be doing so.

Cheers,
Heather G

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:40

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:40
Good to hear you had good service from Nissan....

Not sure if many have had too much trouble with warranty issues.......it's when the grenades get OUT of warranty that is the main issue !!!!!
AnswerID: 369067

Follow Up By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:09

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:09
Yep, I guess that is correct too.

Cheers,

Heather G

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636624

Reply By: olcoolone - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:42

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:42
I think what people are refering to is the problem with 3Lt. motors in their Nissam Patrols failing when out of a warranty period.

This is a common issue that Nissan sort of addresses with varing out comes.

I have never heard of Nissan decliming a TRUE claim whilst the vehicle is still under the factory warranty period. (unless caused by owner abuse)

You will find most manufactures will do the same while the vehicle is still under factory warranty.

AnswerID: 369068

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:33

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:33
What was the problem that needed the warranty honoured.? I would hope all companies honour their warranties otherwise they'd be out of business. It sounds worrying you were without your car for an extended period.?
AnswerID: 369076

Follow Up By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:30

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:30
Hi TerraFirma,

According to the repair printout it was:
A broken vacuum pump sprocket, guide and tensioner guide worn, injector pump sprocket damaged. They replaced the lower chain and guides, tensioner and vacuum pump - and replaced the injector pump sprocket.

We bought the vehicle second hand from a Nissan dealer last year and thought all was in order with the service history. Hoped this didnt affect warranty and obviously it didnt. Since we have owned it we have travelled 20,000kms and had services every 5,000 because we tow a 2 1/2 t van.

All seems to be great now though. We are probably only a couple of weeks behind our very sketchy schedule so happy to be nomadic again. WA is such a huge state and so far from home we didnt want to sit in one place for too long on our first visit.

Cheers
Heather G

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636637

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 19:26

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 19:26
well done Heather, dare I say perhaps the female touch was convincing? At the end of the day you remember great service , not the problem. Congrats..enjoy your trip with some assurity..
FollowupID: 636650

Reply By: tim_c - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:34

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:34
Hi Heather, I've notice a few of your recent replies to other posts "still waiting..." and very glad to hear you're back on the road again - must be a great feeling after all that waiting (thought maybe the part might have been shipped past the Gulf of Aden or similar)!

It's also great to hear you've had a good outcome from Nissan.

Happy (continuing) travels :)
AnswerID: 369082

Follow Up By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:36

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:36
Thanks Tim.

We are very happy to be back on the road too. Obviously the parts were somewhere in Oz after all or maybe were put on a plane. Who knows.
Hope it is all smooth sailing from here.

Cheers

Heather G

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636640

Reply By: Member - Leanne W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:57

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:57
Hi Heather,

I'm glad Nissan has come to the party to help you out.

I have nearly been without my nearly 18 month old Pajero for a week now waiting for it to be fixed under warranty. This is the third time I have had warranty issues with this car. (At least the last time I could drive the car to the dealership - the previous times it had to be towed). No courtesy or hire car for me. I am supposed to be heading up to Brisbane at the moment to pick up our camper trailer. We have caravan park accommodation booked for this coming Saturday and Sunday nights, but I don't think we'll make it up there in time, so we'll lose our deposit on it too.

Happy travels, we hope to be on our way soon too.

Leanne

AnswerID: 369088

Reply By: Member - Sigmund (VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 15:47

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 15:47
Interesting to hear that your premium NRMA cover applies interstate.

I had read somewhere that if there was no equivalent level of benefit available from the local motoring association you had to make do with what they did offer. Course accommodation isn't run by the WA auto association.
AnswerID: 369130

Follow Up By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:04

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:04
Hi Sigmund,
We had parked the van in the caravan park and paid for three nights because we were having the car serviced and thought we would be gone the next morning. However when the vehicle was then off the road due to the workshop finding a major problem, where we were staying was regarded as the 'point of vehicle breakdown' and accommodation costs became claimable.Initially we had been told we may be there for 3 or 4, maybe 7 weeks while the part was sent from Spain, so we are happy to be back on the road after three.

NRMA Premium care provides up to $700 for accommodation costs in this case, and will also provide a hire car for up to 7 days apparently, and the cost (not sure whether full or partial cost) of repatriation of vehicles home if necessary according to the very helpful person I spoke on the phone to. I think there is a combined limit in any one year for all these - $3000 in our case as we have been members for close to 40 years.

We went to the RAC office in Geraldton and explained our predicament and the NRMA was contacted for us. At that stage we didnt know whether we were entitled to any help either but were pleasantly surprised.

NRMA Staff I have spoken to have been exceptionally kind and helpful.
We dont have any insurances with them, just the Roadside assist package.
Investigated bundling all our insurances with them before we left home, for convenience, and found it quite a lot more expensive.

Not sure what would have happened had we broken down on the roadside interstate and hope we dont find out!

Cheers
Heather G

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636621

Sponsored Links