Sullage Hose Filter

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 15:03
ThreadID: 69716 Views:1969 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, I have enjoyed looking over these forums while searching for a van, now I have a nice happy Spaceland, and I have just spent the weekend west of the Gold Coast testing it out. Ran into a couple of issues that need some tweaking. But the reason for my post.

I noticed a lot of vans in the showground I was staying at had these filter things attached to the end of their sullage hoses, I assume to catch things you wash down the sink, and stop little things coming back up the hose.

Any one know what they are called, or where I can get one?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 15:13

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 15:13
Greg, not sure which filters you are specificly talking about, but the sullage hose filter is a reasonable idea and often overlooked.

My wife made up a couple of little bags from a mesh stuff similar to mosquito netting. I tie one over the end of the sullage hose, then remove and empty contents into the rubbish every few days.

I use the same little mesh bags to put bait in for red claw, so always carry a couple.

Norm C
AnswerID: 369515

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 15:17

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 15:17
Maybe you should put this to the caravaners forum.

Van forum

2nd forum

Then again you still may get an answer here.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 369516

Reply By: Flywest - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 16:55

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 16:55
Man you had me worried.

I'd suggest you change your description to grey water hose filter - and reserve the term "sullage" for blackwater issues.

I was in apoplexy trying to imagine what sorta mesh filter you use on your blackwater sullage outlet! ;o)

You've made me fell ill - and it's lunch time - I just lost my appetite!

Some subjects just shouldn't be discussed in public...and sullage is one of them...

AnswerID: 369538

Follow Up By: landseka - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:10

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:10
According to this, sullage IS an appropriate term for greywater.

Hope your appetite hasn't gone again now :-)


FollowupID: 636954

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:35

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:35
Yep, we use what is called a sullage hose for the sink and shower. Loo has a cassette not a hose!


Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 636957

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)