They talk about landy Drivers!!.

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:02
ThreadID: 69729 Views:2974 Replies:10 FollowUps:14
This Thread has been Archived
Been on the ratbag road ( Freeway) this last week, and was really p@@@D off this afternoon when i spotted a half burning cigarette bounce across the outside lane into the bush from the vehicle in front!, Yes it was a 4wd, Toyo driver at that! Not thinking or a thought as what might happen if that thing starts a fire, Bloody idiot!! is all i can say!, Not picking on Toyo drivers i'm one myself at times ..lol, But when smoking and driving whatever, DON"T THROW THE BURNING BUTTS OUT THE WINDOW YOU MORONS!!!

Cheers Axle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:21

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:21
You should have taken his rego number Axle, and reported him before he does any damage.

Just before the Victorian fires, a friend took a photo of a cigarette on the roadside, which had been left to burn (ash line obvious), perilously close to a high fuel forest which the road travelled through.

We have had a fire on our farm which started on the road verge - most likely a cig butt.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 369567

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:33

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:33
Should have done, Mother Hen!, Just can't believe the " I don't give a chit attitude", Or the not thinking type," OH Yeah", should not have done that"

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 636974

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:35

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 20:35
I gotta agree. Smoking!!!!!! grrrrr!!!!!

I have never been able to get a straight answer from a smoker to this question:

" What was the thought processes that took place inside your brain when you decided to light-up one of those ghastly nails for the first time?" Once you'd had the first one (and presumably coughed a bit, or so I would imagine), whatever possessed you to stick another one in your gob and light it up?

I'm sorry, I just don't get it.......

I'd rather throw my money at something that gives me some enjoyment.

Off the soapbox now...... ;-))
AnswerID: 369571

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:03

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:03
As a smoker I have no idea why I started and am still puffing away. I stopped for 3 years (10 years ago) and then went out one night and thought (Ill just have 1) big mistake, like an alcoholic, either continue or dont have 1 as the process starts all over again. While we do smoke in our cars (yes wife smokes to) WE have never smoked in the house, never, (cant stand the smell of a house when it has been smoked in, work that one out ?? coming from a smoker) and definately dont smoke in the car when we have the little one it, or any where near our little one, I dont want her to be subjected to my stupity and suffer later in her life. I have a little jar in the car that I ash into and put my buts into as to not throw out the window and can keep it sealed up so the car doesnt stink of smoke, I always have the window down when having one and when sitting at lights I hang it just out the window so the smoke doesnt linger in the car, when moving its ok it acts like a vacuum and sucks the smoke out... Now work that one out, cant stand the car smelling of smoke (neighbour has smelt inside non smoker, and cant believe it doesnt smell of smoke), cant stand a house smelling of smoke and yet I continue ??? Have tried a few times since and just seem to continue on. Worked out we would spend roughly 5g's a year on them....?????????????? WHG
FollowupID: 636996

Follow Up By: Rockape - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 09:49

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 09:49
Roachie,

I will try to answer your question, well howI started smoking.

Started young, real young. Maybe it was to become part of the in crowd (my first girlfriend smoked then I started).

Then came the buzz from the nicotine and then came the addiction. Once addicted it is all over, some people become addicted and some don't.

I have given up many times and finally succeeded a few years ago. Kicking the addiction can be hell for the person stopping and those around them.

Yes!!!! it is a lousy "ADDICTION", not habit and to those trying to give up, all the best.At least there are drugs out there to help now, although some get side effects from them.

As Beccy Cole sang, don't criticise until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes.

Have a good one Roachie, just give encouragement to those trying to stop.
FollowupID: 637034

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 18:31

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 18:31
I used to smoke but got sick of hacking and coughing so gave it up 30 years ago.

My wife didnt and always said Ive smoked for 37 years and it hasnt hurt me.

Well the 38th did and after lung reduction surgery and 5 weeks in intensive careand on a ventilator she got a blood infection which couldnt be overcome and we had to turn off her life support.

Not the nicest thing Ive ever done but the moral is DONT SMOKE It will catch up with you.

Also I cant believe in a country that regularly burns up, just how many people chuck the butts out the window and dont even stub them out.

Didnt realise just how many complete idiots there are.

FollowupID: 637349

Follow Up By: Rock Ape - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 06:11

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 06:11
Graham,

Sorry about your wife, the decision you had to make is not one I would like to face.

FollowupID: 637388

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 14:14

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 14:14
I'll second that as well (Rock Ape's reply) I hope I never have to make that decision in life...I hope you are getting on with your life although I dont doubt it would be difficult. All the best for the future. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 637443

Reply By: Member - Mary W NW VIC - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:23

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:23
My soapbox now!!
How is this topic related to landrovers!!!
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 369585

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:32

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:32
Mary!, I was in my Deefer!!, following a Landcruiser, Out came the cig but!!,

Read carefully!,,...LOL.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 636981

Follow Up By: disco driver - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:14

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:14
Mary,

You should be well aware with this site, the minute you mention Landrover, everyone reads the post so that they can tell you everything that's wrong with them and how you should get a Toyossan and live happily ever after.

I suspect Axle just wanted everyone to read his post!!

Disco.
FollowupID: 637001

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 06:48

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 06:48
Lol. Disco!!, My objective was to make a point about the Fire dangers throwing a hot cig butt out the window!!

Things get turned upside down, & inside out around this place...LOL.

Cheers Axle.

FollowupID: 637013

Follow Up By: Member - Mary W NW VIC - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 21:15

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 21:15
Didn't notice anything noting you were driving a defer in the post.In fact it doesn't matterwhat vehicle .many years ago a dear friend driving a gogomobile had a very nasty episode when passing merc dropped large cigar but in lap .not much room to move in a gogo.
Cheers,
mary
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 637148

Reply By: Steve - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:29

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:29
Landy drivers?

Is there a link here?
AnswerID: 369586

Reply By: Jedo_03 - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 22:23

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 22:23
Smoking..??
Dun even worry about it...
The very latest health-risk fad is OBESITY...
Think twice before you gobble that piece of cake or tuck into your favourite fish and chips...
Smoking-Cops are accepting voluntary redundancy and are being re-deployed as Carbo-Cops - GI Joes... (GI = Glycaemic Index)
Seems that munching on a 35g packet of Smiths Chips while yur driving is far more a health risk than puffing on a ciggie...
While less than 10% of 4W drivers smoke - 50% of 4W drivers are obese...
Do you realise what that means..??
Yeah...
Chippy munching, cake eating, lolly sucking 4W drivers are putting a strain on the Health system and tax-payers...
Message here to Smokers and Munchers...
"Watch your Butt...!"
Jedo
AnswerID: 369602

Follow Up By: tim_c - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:55

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:55
Haa haa haa, that's great! :)
FollowupID: 637060

Reply By: Ozboc - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:44

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:44
I am a bike rider ( roadbike ) and one morning on the way to work this clown in the audi in front of me just throws his cigarete out the window and hits me on my jacket -next lights, i lane split up to his window and say "Hey buddy next time watch where your throwing your cigarete it hit me" he looks at me and says .... " GO GET %^$$ you just go and get &^$&^%....

so the arogance is not just for 4x4 drivers - it extends to all SMOKERERS that do not do the right thing

and i hear the arguement that some cars dont have an ashtray or they dont want to use it - solution is simple - keep a coke can in your drink holder with a little water in it - and ash in that

if you dont like the smell ! then guess what - thats what your car and YOU smell like

On another note - you can dob people into the EPA - all you have to do is record number plate - location time and description of the person - and they take care of the rest

Boc
AnswerID: 369626

Reply By: png62 - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:46

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:46
To WHG regarding your thoughtfulness in not making the places you smoke stink.........Ha Ha - you should have posted that in Friday funnies.
Sorry Mate - don't take it personally as all suckers of cancer sticks stink, your clothes, your car, your breath........you smoke - you can't escape the bad smells.
P.S. - please don't stick your cancer stick out your window at the lights - I often have to put my window up to stop the stench coming through my window.
AnswerID: 369628

Reply By: The Landy - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:40

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:40
The only link between my Landys' and smoking are the wheels spining and the smoke coming off the tyres as I floor it from the lights 0-100kph in 5 minutes....

;)
AnswerID: 369633

Follow Up By: The Landy - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:41

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:41
Sorry, I fibbed, the 130 has never done 100ph....

;)
FollowupID: 637021

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:47

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:47
hahahahaha....that's very funny; bit like my big Chev 6.5 V8; she ain't no dragster either!
FollowupID: 637023

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 13:59

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 13:59
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Foul Language Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 369663

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Saturday, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:32

Saturday, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:32
I bet you he was a Victorian too!
AnswerID: 369778

Sponsored Links